Which version has brightness/contrast interface?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
jimsocal
New Cone
New Cone

Which version has brightness/contrast interface?

Postby jimsocal » 12 Nov 2005 23:20

Hi,
I looked all over the site and could not find a history of versions which says for example "v.8.x has added brightness and contrast controls on a control panel". I did read that this was going to happen, but has it been done yet? If so, which version has it?

I am hestitant to download v.8.2 because of the audio problem. Or has this been fixed in the new Beta?

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 13 Nov 2005 11:06

Hi

Settings - enable "Extended GUI" - on the "Video"-Tab you have to enable "Adjust Image".
Now you are able to adjust Hue, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Gamma.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

jimsocal
New Cone
New Cone

But no video adjustment panel that stays open like on WMP?

Postby jimsocal » 15 Nov 2005 21:35

Hi

Settings - enable "Extended GUI" - on the "Video"-Tab you have to enable "Adjust Image".
Now you are able to adjust Hue, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Gamma.

erbsen
Thank you. But what I am looking for is a version with the video controls available when it opens, always there for adjustment, like WMP has. So that I can have it open nearly full screen but with the controls at my service. Do any of the VideoLan versions have this?

erbsen

Postby erbsen » 16 Nov 2005 08:27

Hi
I am looking for is a version with the video controls available when it opens, always there for adjustment
I don't remember any version that included this feature. What you can do is to remember the shortcut (CTRL+G) and in addition to detach the video from the player. Settings - Preferences - Interface - General - wxWindows - disable "Embed video in interface".

Maybe you can get rid of this problem by creating your own skin. ;)

It might also be usefull to post your request into the Feature Requests forum.

The resulting problem could be that you want to reach the controls while you are in fullscreen-mode.
You are able to do that by:
Settings - Preferences - Interface - Control Interfaces - Enable "Interface showing control interface" - save, restart VLC.

To use this feature, VLC has to be in fullscreen then move your mouse to the top of the screen and the control interface should appear.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”