Deinterlace question and Mouse cursor question and MORE!

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
OpTicaL
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Deinterlace question and Mouse cursor question and MORE!

Postby OpTicaL » 11 Nov 2005 21:51

I couldn't find this info on the VLC website documentation. What exactly is the difference between all the deinterlace modes? Which is best? How do I know which one to use for which video?

Discard
Mean
Blend
Bob
Linear

My last question is, how do I make my mouse cursor (when it's idle) disappear faster when in full screen mode?

After I enabled "Interface showing control interface" so I can use the scroll to skip certain parts of the video the interface shows up at full screen! covering my entire video! I just want a little bar that pops up like in TCMP and Nero ShowTime. Is that possible with VLC?

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ipkiss » 12 Nov 2005 00:51

1) For the deinterlacing methods, see http://www.100fps.com/ (first hit on google when looking for deinterlacing...).

2) I don't think you can make the mouse disappear faster. Just move it to the bottom-right hand corner if you don't want to see it :)

3) The "Interface showing control interface" won't cover the entire video, unless in non-fullscreen mode it already does so. You can also considering changing the preferences of the wxWidgets interface so that the video is not embedded in the interface (which makes it nicer when you make the interface appear again). Anyway, you can also use the hotkeys to skip parts of the movie.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”