Stream dying mid-stream.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
refried
New Cone
New Cone

Stream dying mid-stream.

Postby refried » 15 Feb 2017 11:05

Hi,

I stream replay videos on ustream and I notice that sometimes (quite a lot actually) the videos that I have uploading to ustream tend to cut out half way through. I receive no errors in vlc, it's almost as if vlc stops pushing the data through until the next file in the playlist. I run this command with a playlist:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "C:\replays.xspf" :sout=#transcode{venc=x264{subme=7,ref=4,bframes=16,b-adapt=1,bpyramid=none,weightp=0},vcodec=h264,vb=800,width=1280,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100,threads=4}:std{access=rtmp,mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=rtmp://1.22325621.fme.ustream.tv/ustreamVideo/passwordstuff}
It seems to be completely random with the files, i.e. sometimes the file plays all the way through, other times it stops. I've tried it on multiple streaming sites (that work with the command) and it has the same problem.

Am I missing a setting in the preferences that keeps the data pushing through no matter what? Is there a default time allotted and once passed vlc will not push data through until the next item in the playlist?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

refried
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Stream dying mid-stream.

Postby refried » 19 Feb 2017 06:31

Anyone, help? Please.

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby kodela » 19 Feb 2017 09:11

What is the content of your "replays.xspf"?
From where did you copy your command line string?

refried
New Cone
New Cone

Postby refried » 27 Feb 2017 08:14

What is the content of your "replays.xspf"?
From where did you copy your command line string?
4 .mp4 files/videos.

I made up that string.

I can't believe you're the only one who has responded. Not one person knows what the problem is? I'm sort of shocked.

refried
New Cone
New Cone

Postby refried » 05 Mar 2017 02:25

Help?...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”