Dual Screen Problem in Windows

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
mikkelyang
New Cone
New Cone

Dual Screen Problem in Windows

Postby mikkelyang » 12 Mar 2016 03:19

I use VLC for live presentations where I have to play images, videos, and PowerPoints for the show. Meaning a projector or an LED wall is my second monitor as I am using extended monitors.

I recently learned about VLC's feature where you can choose to not embed the video output which is proving to be very helpful as I can now see my playlist while the video is playing and ready myself for when video is about to end.

My problem now is that there are times when I have to play multiple videos in sequence so I place them in a playlist. The first video always plays out smoothly but what sometimes happen is that there are certain videos where it would revert back from my second monitor to my first when it starts to play. This gets annoying in live performances as I would have to transfer the video again to the other monitor and allow it to play again.

I tried changing my output module to DirectX as it has the option to automatically play videos on the extended monitor but I noticed that there are multiple times where VLC would crash if i play mp4 files and my windows color scheme switches from aero to basic (which is very annoying).

What do I do in order to fix this problem? Please help.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”