Command Line --directx-device & --input-slave does not work

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
GogolBordello
New Cone
New Cone

Command Line --directx-device & --input-slave does not work

Postby GogolBordello » 07 Mar 2016 01:07

Please need urgent help for settnig up a Video Installation..

Using the latest VLC on Win7 64bit

- I'm trying to use the Command line --input-slave to play two synced Videos together ... that works

WORKING CODE:

Code: Select all

start "first VLC" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\Users\acer\Desktop\a.mov --input-slave C:\Users\acer\Desktop\b.mov --start-time 0 --input-repeat=-1
- The command --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY1" & --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY2" is used to distribute the Clips on each Display .. that also works but only if I start two VLCs.

start "first VLC" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\Users\acer\Desktop\a.mov --no-embedded-video --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY1" --fullscreen --loop start "second VLC" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\Users\acer\Desktop\b.mov --no-embedded-video --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY2" --fullscreen --loop
BUT the combination of the two does NOT work.

how do i run --directx-device & --input-slave together ??

I tried:

start "first VLC" "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" C:\Users\acer\Desktop\a.mov --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY1" --input-slave C:\Users\acer\Desktop\b.mov --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY2" --fullscreen --start-time 0 --input-repeat=-1
But it does not propperly work. VLC shows both clips either on one or the other screen together. But not each on the designated display.

Please help me to find a fix ! I definitely need the videos synced via --input-slave otherwise they will run apart after a while.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Command Line --directx-device & --input-slave does not work

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 08 Mar 2016 18:37

You cannot do that with one VLC. It won't go to the designated display.

What you can do is used the netsync module to synchronize the 2 VLC, though.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”