video freezes

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
no1attitude
New Cone
New Cone

video freezes

Postby no1attitude » 04 Jun 2015 18:27

My laptop is windows vista 32 bit. I had no problems with the older versions of vlc player but since this last upgrade, 2.2.1, I've had nothing but problems with the video. The audio works perfectly.
The video starts off grey and pixeled. When I forward it, the picture shows perfectly, however it's frozen and remains that way for the entire movie/video.
I have gone into video settings and unchecked the video accelerator as well as use hardware yuv and the problems are still there.
Any help is greatly appreciated, or even a link to a previous version. I understand updates, but when things work, why change them b/c more than not, there's issues :roll:

petiteGMT
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: video freezes

Postby petiteGMT » 05 Jun 2015 13:33

I feel your pain. Earlier versions of VLC worked great at converting. However, this version now just crashes. I don't know what they changed, but it is not an improvement. I have asked for help several times on this forum, but no answers. With all the requests for help and the issues largely being crashes, I don't know why they do not fix this bug.
good luck to both of us

petiteGMT
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: video freezes

Postby petiteGMT » 05 Jun 2015 13:58

Do you have the older download? What I would do is uninstall the newer version and just go back to the older one. There is nothing that says you can't do that. I had the older one which also worked marvelously. But when I downloaded it from CNET with it came some very destructive malware that since that download caused me so many issues my hard drive destabilized etc. anyway, I don't have the older one and would be afraid to reinstall anyway.
But that is what I would do -- just go back to the older one.
good luck!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”