Command Line and resizing with dummy interface

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dhepburn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Command Line and resizing with dummy interface

Postby dhepburn » 28 Apr 2015 08:32

I'm running this line command in Windows 7, VLC V2.2:-
vlc --intf=dummy -I dummy --dummy-quiet -q --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --video-x=1200 --video-y=10 --width=360 --height=76 --play-and-exit --no-autoscale "C:\test.mov"

The idea is it opens just a borderless video and plays it. This video is 1360x768 pixels but what I'm trying to do is to get it to play in a smaller area by using the --width & --height options but all that does is displays just that portion of the video and crops the rest. Taking away --no-autoscale makes it play at the video's resolution of 1360x768 so sounds like I at least need that option kept in there.

How can I get the video to shrink down to the specified sizes while remaining borderless/windowless?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Command Line and resizing with dummy interface

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 04 May 2015 15:35

Yes, this is a known bug.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

samus
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Command Line and resizing with dummy interface

Postby samus » 11 Oct 2017 16:26

Sorry form the necro post, but I have a solution. You can use the --zoom option to achieve this. For example, to achieve a 1/4 scale window, the OP's command line would be:

Code: Select all

vlc --intf=dummy -I dummy --dummy-quiet -q --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --video-x=1200 --video-y=10 --zoom=0.25 "C:\test.mov"
Surely too late for the OP, but hopefully it helps someone.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”