Stream will not play in window in version 2.1.5

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Apaco
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Stream will not play in window in version 2.1.5

Postby Apaco » 03 Feb 2015 20:42

Hello,

On a Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) computer I am trying to open a multicast stream in a window smaller than the native video stream using the following command line:
vlc.exe udp://@233.3.3.1:3333 --volume=0 --qt-start-minimized --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --no-video-title-show --width="640" --height="360" --video-x="1" --video-y="1"

Using VLC version 2.0.8, the video appears in the upper-left third of the display as expected.
Using VLC version 2.1.5, the video opens in full screen.

Using 2.1.5, If I add the --no-autoscale option the video opens in the correct size window in the correct position but the image appears zoomed in (and then cropped) such that only about the center 50% if the video is visible.

I have tried many combinations of the --scale and --zoom options but nothing has given me the full video like I am successfully able to get with version 2.0.8.

Is this a bug in 2.1.5 or a change in how the parameters work in this version?

Thank you.

PS - Not sure if this souls have gone in the General forum or not. I am unable to test on a Linux platform at this time.

Apaco
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Stream will not play in window in version 2.1.5

Postby Apaco » 03 Feb 2015 21:12

I have verified the same occurs when playing a local .mp4 file instead of a steam.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”