Playlist Question - Save Point A to Point B

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
wellesradio
New Cone
New Cone

Playlist Question - Save Point A to Point B

Postby wellesradio » 22 Jan 2015 06:21

Hello,
Have a little question about playback. Sorry if it's very specific.

So far I've figured out that you can save bookmarks by creating the bookmark then saving the file as a playlist. This doesn't automatically open the file to the saved position, but I know there are plugins for that. My SPECIFIC question is about saving Loop points (without actually looping).

What I mean is this: I have a long meditation video that includes many chapters. I use this video along with some other audio files that help me relax and deal with stress. So I wanted to create a playlist that plays one of the audio files, then goes to the long video but skips directly to the exercise in the video I need for that particular day and continues playing until a specific point (not the end of the video), and finally skips to the next audio file (or possibly video) in the playlist. Ideally I'd like to create various playlists that incorporate different A-B points in the long video, but I want it to immediately go to those points and not loop them but go on to another file or just stop playing altogether if the video is the last thing in the playlist. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”