Trying to record video effects.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Johnny Row
New Cone
New Cone

Trying to record video effects.

Postby Johnny Row » 07 Dec 2014 21:07

I have recorded movies that are too dark. I want to save copies that are brighter.
I am using Windows 7 and the latest VLC 2.1.5 Rincewind.
I can get to the "video effects" "image adjust" to make my videos look how I want them.
I have the "record" button showing on my interface but recording from that does not include the video adjustments.
So I tried going to media, convert/save; set capture device desktop. Am I even headed the right direction so far?
Then I click convert/save, then enter a destination file name, then start. The screen goes back to the playlist and I am lost.
I've spent hours trying various things and looking for tutorials but am getting nowhere. Am I at least headed the right direction or making some basic error at the start?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Trying to record video effects.

Postby mederi » 07 Dec 2014 22:28

You can convert/transcode/reencode files with appropriate filters:
Media > Convert/Save... > Add... file then Convert/Save > select/create/edit transcoding profile: enable appropriate video filter (Image properties filter); set your Destination file

Johnny Row
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Johnny Row » 07 Dec 2014 23:10

:)
You can convert/transcode/reencode files with appropriate filters:
Media > Convert/Save... > Add... file then Convert/Save > select/create/edit transcoding profile: enable appropriate video filter (Image properties filter); set your Destination file
I think I've got it. Thanks much mederi. I never would have figured that out myself.

sorin86
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sorin86 » 11 Sep 2015 11:35

No, it does not work. And makes no sense. Who has a better idea?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”