Playlists and media library

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Madmaxneo
New Cone
New Cone

Playlists and media library

Postby Madmaxneo » 27 Jul 2014 19:17

How do I get VLC to save a playlist and my media library so that the next time I open it it will already be in the window? Right now every time I open VLC I have to go in and "add files" which is annoying. I saved a playlist but I still have to go in and add it. I am currently switching to VLC from Windows media player because of some problems with WMP not playing numerous random files. I have had and used VLC for awhile (mostly just for video) but right now I am not impressed with it's ability to recognize my music library and saving playlists. I should not have to add the files every time I go into VLC. I am sure it is something I am missing in the settings and would appreciate any help in getting this figured out.

Another problem I am having and apparently can't be fixed is the fact that VLC can't play Blu Ray media, in fact there is no "free media player" that I have been able to find that will play Blu Ray media. Yes I have checked these forums and found some kind of packet to install that is supposed to enable VLC to play Blu Ray, but there are no installation instructions nor an install file. I will be eventually getting the Nero 12 platinum suite for Blu Ray play back and recording options. I have the LG 16x Blu Ray multi disc player/recorder.

Bruce

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”