Skipping forward in HD video causes stutter

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Armanography

Skipping forward in HD video causes stutter

Postby Armanography » 16 Mar 2014 09:16

Hello.

Recently, I've noticed that skipping ahead in any high definition video, irrelevant of size, causes stutter. Once it skips ahead, it will play, but the frames seem to keep jumping backwards then forwards and backwards again, progressing through the video at a normal pace but causing the a jumpy appearance.

I've tried skipping around in some standard definition videos and the problem does not appear. But in any high definition video, it does. It has gotten to the point where I am considering a replacement for VLC, which, since I know most here are more knowledgeable on the intricacies of video playback surely, I'd also like suggestions for if there is no known solution planned for this bug.

Can I fix this at all or am I just done for? It can't be my hardware, as it played higher resolution video a month or two back just fine. Something is with VLC. I tried reinstalling and it did no good.

Dane
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Skipping forward in HD video causes stutter

Postby Dane » 17 Mar 2014 05:51

I'm having a very similar problem since the recent update. Video stutters regardless of the settings. I thought upgrades were to make things better?

Dane
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dane » 17 Mar 2014 06:03

Update - I uninstalled VLC using the Windoze uninstaller, downloaded the latest VLC and reinstalled. No more stutter...

Dane
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Dane » 17 Mar 2014 06:08

Forgot to add - There was a LARGE Windows 7 update last week, maybe the update stepped on a VLC file and that's why uninstalling and then re-installing VLC worked for me? Give it a try...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”