VLC wont read whole CDs - XP Pro SP3

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
iBenny
New Cone
New Cone

VLC wont read whole CDs - XP Pro SP3

Postby iBenny » 28 Dec 2013 05:57

Hi,

like many previous versions, VLC (2.12) could'nt read whole CDs ! :cry: : I click the play button and the Open a media window pops up, I select the isk tab and click the Audio CD button then I select my DVD drive letter (H).

Now, if I select a track number, VLC will only play that track. I guess that if I want to play the whole CD I have to set the track number to 0 ! which instantly make VLC disappear when I click the Play button :!: :?:

Any thoughts ?
Last edited by iBenny on 28 Dec 2013 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

iBenny

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: VLC wont read whole CDs - XP Pro SP3

Postby kodela » 28 Dec 2013 10:00

Make a double click on the first track.

iBenny
New Cone
New Cone

Postby iBenny » 28 Dec 2013 20:30

Hi Kodela,

I do not understand you ! The Open a Media window does not show the content of the CD from which you choose a track. That window provides a lisbox from which we choose a track number to start (supposedly) the Playing . But this does not set the "start" of play, but the track to be played and does not continue to play the remainder tracks.

I then tried to open the playlist in which I was able to include all tracks of my CD in H drive. When I double clicked the first track, it does a scan of all tracks in a row, but fails to recognize them in the sense that no time is set for any tracks and then the play button wont want to play the list !

Other thoughts ?
Regards

iBenny

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby kodela » 28 Dec 2013 23:46

Hi iBenny,

you do not understand me and I do not understand you.

In your first post you write:
VLC (2.12) could'nt read whole CDs
VLC (2.1.2 32/64bit) can read whole CDs.
They further write:
I click the play button and the Open a media window pops up, I select the isk tab and click the Audio CD button then I select my DVD drive letter (H).
Before you press the play button on the "Open Media" window, you must select the "Audio CD" option.
They further write:
Now, if I select a track number, VLC will only play that track.
Where you select a track number, in the "Open Media" window? After clicking the play button they're in the playlist!
Do you mean, you select a track number before they click on the play button? If so, then only this one track is playing.
They further write:
I guess that if I want to play the whole CD I have to set the track number to 0 ! which instantly make VLC disappear when I click the Play button
That is correct. If the whole CD to be played, the track number must be 0. If you then click on the play button, must open the interface window, either with the playlist or for videos. What do you mean by "VLC disappear", the VLC is crashes?

Regards, kodela

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”