Direct3D output window

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Direct3D output window

Postby SteveS801 » 16 Nov 2013 01:25

Is there any way to stop VLC from opening 2 windows (VLC main and Direct3D output) when opening videos? This is quite annoying and happens 50% of the time.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Direct3D output window

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 16 Nov 2013 13:04

Well if the file has two video tracks, a second window is hard to avoid...
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 18 Nov 2013 22:04

1) Why would a video have 2 tracks?
2) Why would VLC force both tracks to play at once? Wouldn't that make it hard to watch either?
3) The files do not have 2 tracks. Even if they did, it only happens half of the time, which makes your statement invalid.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 20 Nov 2013 21:30

1) Because the video author made it so.
2) Because the video author presumably put two simultaneous track for that express purpose.
3) Then it is another problem.
Rémi Denis-Courmont

JSLover
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Win7

Postby JSLover » 21 Nov 2013 01:19

This sounds the same as...
...please see my reply over there & test my steps...then, if that don't work, post more info on your specific problem.

I cannot, however, explain why it would only happen "50% of the time."...actually, I thought of one reason: are you running any other DirectX or Direct3D games/programs/videos (multiple VLCs) at the times when you do/don't experience this? I know on my OS, I can run 1 VLC with video & it will take the DirectX "overlay", if I run another video in another VLC process, the "overlay" is not available, so that VLC will default to a lower quality software rendering method...but my compter is old, so newer Windows might not have this problem. Also, note I said "DirectX overlay"...if I change VLC to the Direct3D setting, I don't get the hardware-assisted video, like I do when using DirectX. My steps in the other topic mention how to change the video output method, you should try DirectX...actually, like my other reply says, you should try them all & find out which one works best on your system.

& just for the record, it might be good to know your OS?...you posted in Windows, so can I assume Win7 or Win8?
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

youtube.lua — Play YouTube videos in VLC!
Updated: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 --- 1/15/15, 7:19:19pm EST

forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=111977&p=379147#p379147
Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?
How about this: can long-term/trusted users be allowed links in sigs?

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 21 Nov 2013 15:38

Yes, exactly. My "fresh-out-of-the-box" VLC installations (both my wife's laptop and mine) have this issue. It is all versions of VLC I have ever installed, whether we install an old copy or upgrade to a new one from an installed version.

I have Win8, she has Win7. I have also had several laptops in the past, all Win7. I have always had this issue, but in varying degrees of frequency with each install. I say 50% of the time here, because it seems an even crapshoot as to whether or not I will have to close VLC and re-open the video(s) to lose the window.
...I thought of one reason: are you running any other DirectX or Direct3D games/programs/videos (multiple VLCs) at the times when you do/don't experience this?
No. The closest I come to this explanation, is to select multiple videos and play them all in one instance of VLC, thereby creating a playlist. Which brings up another annoying occurrence: If I select more than one video, and try to play it via any method (right click and play, the "Open" button on the folder ribbon, hitting enter, etc) except by dragging the selected files to an open VLC playlist window, the order of the files will be random and I must sort by name in the playlist window to have semblance of order. I don't know if it matters, but yes, the files are sorted by name in Windows Explorer. But we can deal with that after this problem.

In This Thread
jagman55 didn't say if this window had a purpose: does it actually play the video? (if so, it's simply the non-embedded video window, settable via a pref)...or is it a random blank window that does nothing? (if so, I don't know of a fix, I've never had a rouge/useless/"extra" Direct3D window)
The two windows are the VLC main window and a window which plays video, titled "VLC (Direct3D Output)". The main window is black with the VLC cone. Attempting to close the output window has no function, but tabbing to the main window and closing that, works. The output window has no Menu Bar, nor video controls. It's nothing but video, hence its annoyance.

In This Thread
...if so, it's simply the non-embedded video window, settable via a pref...
Would this be the "Integrate Video in Interface" preference? It's always been selected.
...I can run 1 VLC with video & it will take the DirectX "overlay", if I run another video in another VLC process, the "overlay" is not available, so that VLC will default to a lower quality software rendering method
I don't know what the difference between the overlay and the output window is, so I'm assuming they are different. If they are the same, I still only want one VLC window (the main window).
My steps in the other topic mention how to change the video output method, you should try DirectX...actually, like my other reply says, you should try them all & find out which one works best on your system.
It is currently "Automatic," let's see what happens.

So far, EVERY setting plays in a second window.

*On a side note, the ASCII art is cool and odd, but why would anybody want to use this?*

Automatic is the only option that will ever play in one window, but it is not guaranteed. As Charlie Brown says: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Almost forgot. You asked "why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" -- jawed (2013, about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)"

Because Google owns YouTube and wants you to use their products. Google is a search engine. Their industry is information. When you have a Google+ page, they have more information about you. Whether or not this makes them a better search engine, their trade is Information gathering. Someone once said, "Knowledge is power." What is information, except knowledge that has not been used yet? Until you can put Information to use and it becomes Knowledge, it remains unclassified and we do not know it's value.

Maybe they will do good with their power, I don't know. They definitely have their fingers in a lot of cookie jars, though.

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 04 Dec 2013 16:00

No thoughts on this anymore?

JSLover

Postby JSLover » 07 Dec 2013 09:19

No thoughts on this anymore?
...sorry, your last msg left me wondering what to do next.

OK, are you ready for hours of testing?

Good.

1st we need to narrow down the success & fail conditions (& how you can cause both to happen as quickly as possible)...if you try "something" 10 times, in a row, do you think at least some of those times it will "work" & some will "not work"?

Note: stop on the 1st test that allows you to reliably get a different result (going from having the 2nd window to not having it).

Test 1 — Stop & Play method
  • Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, press Stop, press Play, note if you get the 2nd window or not.
    Repeat the "Stop, Play" part at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
Test 2 — Disable & Enable video method
  • Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, click Video ► Video Track ► Disable, click Video ► Video Track ► Track 1, note if you get the 2nd window or not
    Repeat the "Disable, Track 1" part at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
Test 3 — Close & Re-open VLC method
  • Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, close VLC
    Repeat at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
...I already know you've said opening/closing VLC will "change the result", but I wanna know if Stop/Play or Disable/Enable is enough to "fix it" without closing & re-opening VLC.

Once you find a reliable method (hopefully Stop/Play will be "enough" to change the result), it's time for logging!

Run VLC with the --file-logging param (do you know how?), you may also have to specify -vvv for more verbose logging.

How to enable logging — Hmmm, this is tricky, I could list about 3 ways to do it...

Note: You only need to follow 1 of these 3 methods to enable logging, choose the one you like best!...or do them all until one works!
  1. From the Command Line/Command Prompt...
    • Click Start (that is, if you HAVE a start button! {stupid Microsoft!})
    • Type Command
    • Click Command Prompt
    • Type cd Desktop, press Enter
    • Drag the VLC icon/shortcut (or .exe file) to the Command Prompt window (I assume you have a VLC icon on your desktop? — or even in the Start Menu), this will "paste" a bunch of text on the command line.
    • Press Space, then type -vvv --file-logging
    • Press Enter
    ...that should start VLC logging to a file on your Desktop.
  2. Create a new Desktop shortcut to VLC with logging enabled...
    • Right-click & drag the VLC icon on the Desktop to some other location, still on the Desktop (just move it a couple inches away, but not on top of another icon).
    • Release the right mouse button, a menu should pop up.
    • Click Copy Here or Create Shortcuts Here (both kinda do the same thing, at least in the case of shortcuts)
    • Right-click on the new copy & click Rename, call it VLC with Logging, press Enter to finish the rename.
    • Right-click on the newly-renamed copy & click Properties
    • Make sure you're on the Shortcut tab
    • In the Target field, there will already be some text, like...
      • "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"
      ...or...
      • "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"
      ...or in my case (I don't use the default install dir)...
      • "C:\Program Files\VLC\2.0.5\vlc.exe"
      ...whatever is already there, that's the location to your VLC.exe, keep that text, then after it...
    • Press End (to make sure you are not overwriting the text already there), press Space, then type -vvv --file-logging
    • Press Tab to move to the Start in field, then press Delete to clear it out (this is so the log will NOT be written to the VLC install dir & should be written to the Desktop)
    • Click OK to close the Properties box & save the changes
    • Double-click on the new icon to run VLC with Logging.
  3. Enable Logging in Preferences... — Although simpler, I don't exactly recommend this method, cuz it you forget & leave it on, you will be growing a really huge log file & wasting CPU generating it...so if you do this, remember to turn it off!
    1. In VLC, click ToolsPreferences
    2. At the bottom left, for Show settings, click All
    3. At the top left, for Search, paste the string: logging
    4. In the box below Search, click Logging
    5. On the right-side, for Log filename, type a Filename (most likely with a Path too) or click Browse & choose somewhere you can find it later (like the Desktop)
    6. Log format should already be Text
    7. Change Verbosity to 2 (remember that it was on -1 {negative 1, not positive 1}, so you can reset it later)
    8. Click Save
    9. Close VLC to commit the pref change (otherwise, if VLC crashes, this change {or some changes} might not be saved)
    10. Run VLC
    Remember to revert these changes when you are done with logging!...in the case of the Log filename field, select all text & press Delete to clear it out, other settings: revert to what they were when you started.
Once logging is enabled, make sure you can find the new log file, it should be on the Desktop (if the above steps worked properly — or wherever you chose, if you enabled logging via the prefs method) & I think the default filename is vlc-log.txt, then repeat one of the above tests (whichever one reproduced the working/not working condition the most reliably). Once you're sure the log contains at least 1 "docked" & 1 "undocked" result (if it takes too many attempts, you may wanna delete {or simply clear out} the log before doing more attempts...or the log will get very big with too many attempts/results), close VLC & copy/paste the contents of the log file onto the forum, between [code][/code] tags. Also, please try to remember, & post, which attempt is which, lets say you run the test 10 times & tests 1-4 had the 2nd window (bad result), test 5 had only 1 window (good result), then tests 6-10 again had the 2nd window...just post that info, so I can compare it with the log. I need to know which "attempt" is equal to which "result" for you...in this example, I'd know that attempt 5 was the only one that "worked" for you.

Basically I want a log of when it IS docked (1 window, good result), to compare with a log of when it's NOT docked (2 windows, bad result). I'm hoping for some error msg like "couldn't embed, falling back to separate window"...or perhaps any error msg that might indicate why VLC "didn't think" it could embed.
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 07 Dec 2013 16:09

OK, are you ready for hours of testing?
No.
Good.
What did I just say? *sigh* Nobody listens to me anymore.
1st we need to narrow down the success & fail conditions (& how you can cause both to happen as quickly as possible)...if you try "something" 10 times, in a row, do you think at least some of those times it will "work" & some not work?
Yes. Otherwise, there would be no "trying," only "doing" or "failing."
Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, press Stop, press Play, note if you get the 2nd window or not. Repeat the "Stop, Play" part at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
First video, 30 attempts, one window. Opened one video by right clicking and "Play," by selecting and using the "Open" button on the folder ribbon, by selecting and pressing enter, 10x each.

Groups of videos, same scenario, with any number of videos greater than 1, 90% chance of Direct3D Output window, any of 3 opening methods.
Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, click Video ► Video Track ► Disable, click Video ► Video Track ► Track 1, note if you get the 2nd window or not Repeat the "Disable, Track 1" part at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
Yes.

When a video opens with a single window, disabling video tracks will never open a second, separated window.

When a video starts with the second (Direct3D Output), disabling the video track will close the secondary, unwanted output window and reenabling the video track will never (in 10 attempts) open the 2nd window.
Play a video, note if you get the 2nd window or not, close VLC Repeat at least 10 times, noting if ANY of them have a different result.
If there was a single window, 0% chance (in 10 tries) of opening a 2nd window.

If the Direct3D Output window was active, 90% chance of having the Direct3D Output window appear upon reopening.

Went through the command line method before realizing that it would not produce the result we need. The issue is only when opening the default player associated with a filetype, via a file in a folder, not when adding to or opening videos in an already open VLC. VLC with Logging must be the default, therefore, I must use the preferences method.

And 2 log files were created. One on the desktop, one in the folder containing the videos.

And preference setting created no log at all.

Posting images via Tinypic, just in case the unbelievable is not believed.

Preferences: Image

Lack of logfile: Image

JSLover

Postby JSLover » 09 Dec 2013 11:19

And 2 log files were created. One on the desktop, one in the folder containing the videos.
...that's odd that you got 2, but what was in them?
...sorry, there was 1 more pref :roll: that needed to be enabled (I didn't know before)...& naturally, it's not in the Logging section!...
  3. At the top left, for Search, paste the string: log to
  4. In the box below Search, click Interface
  5. On the right-side, check Log to file
  6. Click Save
  7. Close VLC to commit the pref change (otherwise, if VLC crashes, this change {or some changes} might not be saved)
  8. Play a video (as above)

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 14 Dec 2013 14:52

Sorry, thread got lost on me.
...that's odd that you got 2, but what was in them?
Don't remember.
...sorry, there was 1 more pref :roll: that needed to be enabled (I didn't know before)...& naturally, it's not in the Logging section!...
This is stupid. It's not even an interface option.

Just upgraded to 2.1.2 Rincewind. Still the same issue.

This is the first opening, one window. I opened one file by right clicking the file and "Play."

Code: Select all

-- logger module started -- main debug: VLC media player - 2.1.2 Rincewind main debug: Copyright © 1996-2013 the VideoLAN team main debug: revision 2.1.2-0-ga4c4876 main debug: configured with ../extras/package/win32/../../../configure '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-twolame' '--enable-quicktime' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-merge-ffmpeg' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-x264' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-caca' '--disable-sdl' '--enable-qt' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvbi' '--disable-telx' '--enable-nls' '--disable-dirac' '--host=i686-w64-mingw32' 'host_alias=i686-w64-mingw32' main debug: using interface module "logger" main debug: Creating an input for 'Media Library' main debug: Input is a meta file: disabling unneeded options main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Local\Temp' main debug: `file/xspf-open:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' gives access `file' demux `xspf-open' path `/C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='xspf-open' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 12 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf', path='C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf' main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 20 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: Using stream method for AStream* main debug: starting pre-buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 304 bytes in 0s - 296 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 6 candidates main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 6 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='xspf-open' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf' main debug: looking for demux module matching "xspf-open": 63 candidates playlist debug: using XSPF playlist reader main debug: using demux module "playlist" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader modules matched main debug: `file/xspf-open:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' successfully opened main debug: looking for xml reader module matching "any": 1 candidates main debug: using xml reader module "xml" playlist debug: parsed 0 tracks successfully main debug: EOF reached main debug: removing module "playlist" main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: creating audio output main debug: looking for audio output module matching "any": 6 candidates directsound debug: found 2 devices main debug: using audio output module "directsound" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: adding item `Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' ( file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi ) main debugm:a iCnr deeabtuign:g laono kiinnpgu tf ofro ri n'tFearmfialcye Gmuoyd u-l e1 matching "h0o1t k-e yDse,naotnhe "H:a s15 Ac aSnhdaiddoawt.easv i' main debug: using interface module "hotkeys" main debug: looking for interface module matching "globalhotkeys,none": 15 candidates main debug: using interface module "globalhotkeys" main: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface. main debug: looking for interface module matching "any": 15 candidates main debug: looking for extension module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Opening Lua Extension module lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\extensions lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac lua debug: Scanning Lua script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac lua debug: Script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac has the following capability flags: 0x5 main debug: using extension module "lua" main debug: looking for services probe module matching "any": 6 candidates main debug: no services probe modules matched qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 main debug: using interface module "qt4" main debug: processing request item: null, node: Playlist, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1 main debug: starting playback of the new playlist item main debug: resyncing on Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi main debug: Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Local\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi' gives access `file' demux `' path `/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 12 candidates qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: meta ok for (null), need to fetch art main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher\tvrage.luac main debug: using meta fetcher module "lua" main debug: removing module "lua" main debug: searching art for Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac main debug: no art finder modules matched main debug: art not found for Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi', path='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 20 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: Using stream method for AStream* main debug: starting pre-buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 6 candidates main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 6 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 101 - Death Has A Shadow.avi' main debug: looking for demux module matching "avi": 63 candidates avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:161716224 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:161715350 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:8898 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4312 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:108 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:280 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4234 pos:4408 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:4420 avi debug: | | | + strf size:30 pos:4484 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:4522 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:8650 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:8662 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:56 pos:8918 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:44 pos:8930 avi debug: | + JUNK size:1250 pos:8982 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:160667774 pos:10240 avi debug: | + idx1 size:1037328 pos:160678022 avi debug: + JUNK size:858 pos:161715358 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED avi debug: stream[0] rate:2997 scale:125 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(XVID) 640x480 24bpp 23.976000fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:24000 scale:1 samplesize:1 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x55 - MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3) 2 channels 48000Hz 0bits avi debug: selected standard index for stream[0] avi debug: selected standard index for stream[1] avi debug: stream[0] created 32422 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 32411 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:1352 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1352 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\ main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering avcodec debug: allowing 4 thread(s) for decoding avcodec debug: avcodec codec (MPEG-4 Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader modules matched main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20101%20-%20Death%20Has%20A%20Shadow.avi' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% mainmpeg_audio debug: debug: MBuffering P8GA channels:2 samplerate:%4 8000 bimtairna tdee:192 bmuagi:n Bduefbfuegr:i nrg e16us%ing au dio outpmutain debug: directsound debmainug debug: looking for text renderer module matching "Bany": u2 candidatesf f:e rOipnegn i2n5g% DiremcatiSno udnedb uAgu:d iBou fOfuetrpiuntg 33% mainfreetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\Windows\Fonts\ariali.ttf debugfreetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using :text renderer module "freetype" main debug: looking for vBuideo filter2 module matching "any": 55 candidates ffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 58% main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% main debug: Buffering 83% main debug: Buffering 91% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 13 ms) swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: RGBA with scaling using directsoundB debugicubic (good quality) : mainWindows speake rd ecboungf:i gu:s iSntge rveiod eaon df islttreera2m mhoadsu l2e c"hsawnsnceallse," usingm a2i nc hdaenbnuelgs: looking for video filter2 module matching "any": 55 candidates maiynu vdpe budge:b uogu:t pYuUtV P' ft3o2 l'YU VA 480co00nvert erHz Stereo frame=m1a isna dembpugles/: 8 bytesusing video filter2 module "myuainvp debug": looking for audio volume module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: Deinterlacing availablemain debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer"main debug: deinterlace m0ain, mode blend, is debug: _needed 0input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frammaei=n1 1d5e2b usga:m pOlpeesn/i9n6g9 vboyutte sd isplamya iwnr adpepbeurg : lomoakiinng dfeobru ga:u dliooo kfiinlgt efro rm ovdouulte dimsaptlcahyi nmgo d"uslcea lmeattecmhpion": 14 cangd i"danayt"e:s 10 candidates scaletempo debug: format: 48000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: conversion: 'mpga'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates main debug: no audio converter modules matched main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->f32l, bits per sample: 32 main debug: using audio converter module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: conversion: 'f32l'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates main debug: using audio resampler module "samplerate" main debug: End of audio preroll direct3d debug: creating Vout EventThread direct3d debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for vout window hwnd module matching "qt4,any": 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video window... qt4 debug: Video was requested 0, 0 main debug: using vout window hwnd module "qt4" direct3d debug: created video sub-window direct3d debug: Vout EventThread running direct3d debug: disabling screen saver direct3d debug: Direct3d Device: AMD Radeon HD 7640G 4098 39171 0 main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 656x519 window direct3d warning: trying surface pixel format: YV12 direct3d debug: selected surface pixel format is YV12 direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for minification direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for magnification direct3d debug: Direct3D scene created successfully direct3d debug: Direct3D device adapter successfully initialized main debug: using vout display module "direct3d" main debug: original format sz 640x480, of (0,0), vsz 640x480, 4cc I420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: removing module "mafreetype" in debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' main6 debug40x: 480looking for text renderer module matching "wany": indow2 candidates freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\Windows\Fonts\ariali.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" avcodec debug: using direct rendering main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture direct3d debug: Created 593x33 texture for OSD main debug: Decoder buffering done in 454 ms main debug: inserting 384 zeroes main warning: playback too late (65583): up-sampling main debug: auto hiding mouse cursor main debug: exiting main debug: removing all interfaces main debug: exiting main debug: no exit handler main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: deactivating the playlist main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: control: stopping input main debug: incoming request - stopping currmain debug: ernetm oivnipnugt momdauilne d"eabvucgo:d efci"n ished ianvpcuotd ec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) stopped main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mp4v', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: saving a free vout main debug: reusing provided vout main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "samplerate" main debug: removing module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" directsound debug: closing audio device main debug: removing module "float_mixer" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: dead input main debug: removing module "directsound" main debug: destroying useless vout qmain debug: removing module "direct3d" t4 debug: IMdirect3d: dDeebluegt:i nDgi rtehcte3 Di nspceunte released successfully direct3d debug: DirectXEventThread terminating direct3d debug: DirectXCloseWindow direct3d debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale" qt4 debug: requesting exit... qt4 debug: qwta4i tdienbgu gf:o rQ AUpIp tehxreeca(d). .f.i nished qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Playlist Destroyed qt4 debug: Killing extension dialog provider qt4 debug: ExtensionsDialogProvider is quitting... main debug: removing module "lua" lua debug: Deactivating all loaded extensions lua debug: All extensions are now deactivated main debug: removing module "globalhotkeys" main debug: removing module "hotkeys" main debug: removing module "logger" -- logger module stopped --
This is the second opening, Direct3D Output window. I opened multiple files by selecting all, right clicking and "Play."

This is all garbled, I can see that. Why?

Code: Select all

-- logger module started -- main debug: VLC media player - 2.1.2 Rincewind mailnu ad edbeubgu:g :C oTpryyriinggh tL u�a� p1l9a9y6l-i2s0t1 3s ctrhiep tV iCd:e\PorLoAgNr atme aFmi lmeasi n( xd8e6b)u\gV:i dreeovLiAsNi\oVnL C2\.lu1a.\2m-e0t-ag\aa4rct4\80716_ gmoaoignl ediembage.luac diurge:c tcosnofuingdu rdeedb uwgit:h .luWai nddeowbsu gs:pe aker coTnfig.: /extras/package/win32/../../..r/coyStereo and stream has 2 channels, using 2 channelsi ng Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\anrtf\0i3_glausrtfm.lueac m'a-i-ne ndebug: able-updaoutputte-c heck' main' dfebug':32 lno -'-art f einder48000n modules matchead Hz mainStereob de frbug: ame=art1 not flounde -lufaor 'F a'mil--y Guey n- a10b1 l- Deaet-faha dHas' A Sh ad'o-w-ena.bavile -flamca'in 'debu-g-:e naloblokinge -fotrhe omerat' a' -fet-echerna modbulle e-twmaotching " alnaym":e' '-1- ceanndaibdlatee-sq uicksamples/t8 bytesi me' '--enabmainle-avcodec debuglua' d'-eb-enuagb:l eTryi-nmg Lua scrieprge:-tf s in fmCpeg' '--le:\Users\Aybabtu\AppDoaoking fort a\Roamingaudio n\vlc\lua\meta\fetchvolumere moduable matchi ng "any": lua2 debug can:didatele-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-x264' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrts main debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer" main debug: input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/969 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module matching "scaletempo": 14 candidates Trying Lua scripts in scalesC:\Progpram Ftempo'ile debu s (x86g): \VideoLAN\VLCformat: 48000 rate, \lua\2meta\f'--enab nch, etcherle-liv4 b ps, fl32 scaledtiermect3pdo ddeebbugug:: cparamrs: e30a sttriding Ve, ou0t Ev.entTh2read0 0l uaeover555' l'a debup,g: Trying Lua playlist scr-ipt 14C: search\Progr- aemna Fiblel-devdreasd' '- -en(xa86ble)-sho\ut'V i'scaletempodeoLAN\VL dC\el-u-eanable\-gmeotao\mf' '--benuable-caetcher\gt: vrage.luac1 .000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debugm:ain debug: ucsa ' c'o-nvers-ion: d'iimanig nm deebuta fg:e tacdhdeirn gm iteomdule "luma"pga 'ma->'if32ln' debug:d irectremovings a3d dmeb`lbug: 4De-sdl'Famil8y Guy - i103 - Choitty 0Chi00tty Death Bang.avi' ( file:/'--enable-qt'//C:d/Users/rAybabtectXCreateW '--enindowu /Videmaoains/VLC% deublueg :" lluoaoki" Hz->m4a8in0 00deb uHgz :Ste rseearchoing a->rt fSor teFreaom ily Gmuainy de-b u1g0:7 l- Borian o-kin Pogrt froar it aOf A Dog.2avnig fomra ivno udte bwuign:d olwo ohkwinndg mfoodru lae rmat tching "any": 3 candidates ble-ski0test/Family%20Guy%20-u%20103%20-%20Chitty%2d0Chitity%foi cndeornns2' '--venamblee-ssre' o'--enatble-mm20Death%20Badng.avi )u elre mmoadutclhing e" matxchinagn "ya"ny:": 212 ccaannddiidates main debug: incoming request - stopping current input ' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvdbi' 'altuae d--disable-telx's '--e beugn: aTrying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLbC\lualmain\meta\e-nls' debuga:rt\00_'--disa musicbble-dirno rainz.ac' '--audio conluacverter modules matched main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates mpgatofixed32lua debug debhug: : mpga->f32l, bits per samplTryioe: n32g Lusa plmaina deybuglistt: using scraudiipo converter module "mpgatofixed32" t mainC:\ debug: Prconversion poigrpeline complete amainm debug: conversionF:i les' (x86)\V=ii68d6-ew64o-mLif32AN\VLCngw3\2'l 'uhosat_\aliasl'meta\a=ir686-w6->t'\01_fg4o32lo' glei-magem.lu4a8000c Hz-> 48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates lua debug:ma inTryininggw32 ' Lmaiun ad debu playebug:l iug: ussint g scripsta udioC:\Pring ointegrfacram Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtev.l uracesampler module "samplerate" main debug: End of audio preroll lua debug: Trying Luamodu playlist scriplt e "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\metloggera"\art\03_lastfm.luac main debug: adding item `Family Guy - 104 - Mind Over Murder.avi' ( file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%main2 debug: 0test/Family%20Guno y%20art-%20104%20-%20Mind%20Over%20Murder.avi ) finder modulemains debumagtched: incomming request - stopping current inputa in debug: amain debug:rt not foloound forking f or Family Guy - 107 - Brian -i Portrait Of A Dog.avinterfac e module matching "hotkeys,none": 15 candidates main debug: using interface module "hotkeys" main debug: looking for interface module matching "globalhotkeys,none": 15 candidates main debug: using interface module "globalhotkeys" main: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface. main debug: looking for interface module matching "any": 15 candidates main debug: Creating an input for 'Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' main debug: no vout window hwnd modules matched direct3d debug: created video sub-window direct3d debug: Vout EventThread running direct3d debug: disabling screen saver direct3d debug: Direct3d Device: AMD Radeon HD 7640G 4098 39171 0 main debug: meta ok for (null), need to fetch art main debug: Creating an input for 'Family Guy - 104 - Mind Over Murder.avi' main debug: meta ok for (null), need to fetch art main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher\tvrage.luac main debug: using meta fetcher module "lua" main debug: removing module "lua" main debug: searching art for Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: looking for extension module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Opening Lua Extension module lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\extensions lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\lVuaLC\lua\extensions\VLS ub.luacdebug: luaTrying Lua playlist script C: \Program Fidlebuges (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\:m eta\art\03_laSscanning Lua script tC:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac fm.luac main debug: no art finderlua modules matched debug: Script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.lmuainac debug has th:e following cap ability flags: 0xa5rt not found for Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chimaintty Death Bang.avi main debug: looking for meta fetc hdeerb umgo:d uulsei nmga tecxhtienngs i"oann ym"o:du l1e c"alnudai"d ates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher\tvrage.luac main debug: using meta fetcher module "lua" main debug: removing module "lua" main debug: searching art for Family Guy - 104 - Mind Over Murder.avi main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac direct3d warning: trying surface pixel format: YV12 direct3d debug: selected surface pixel format is YV12 direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for minification direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for magnification direct3d debug: Direct3D scene created successfully direct3d debug: Direct3D device adapter successfully initialized main debug: using vout display module "direct3d" main debug: original format sz 640x480, of (0,0), vsz 640x480, 4cc I420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: looking for text renderer module matching "any": 2 candidates freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\Windows\Fonts\ariali.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" avcodec debug: using direct rendering main debug: End of video preroll lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x8m6a)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\in debug: Received first picture meta\art\03_lastfm.luac direct3d debug: Created 630x33 texture for OSD main debug: no art finder modules matched main debug: art not found for Family Guy - 104 - Mind Over Murder.avi main debug: looking for services probe modulme maina debug: tcDhinecg "oder bufafering ndyone in "527: ms6 cand idates main debug: control: stopping inmpauitn debug:m aiinns edretbiungg: 3i8n4c ozmeirnoge sr equest - stopping current input main debug: finished input main debug: removing module "avcodec" avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) stopped main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mp4v', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: saving a free vout main debug: reusing provided vout main debug: no services probe modules matched qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 qt4 debug: Sorting by column -1, order 0 main debug: discarded audio buffer main debug: discarded audio buffer main debug: discarded audio buffer main debug: discarded audio buffer main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "samplerate" main debug: removing module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" directsound debug: closing audio device main debug: using interface module "qt4" main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: finished input main debug: removing module "float_mixer" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: dead input main debug: processing request item: Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi, node: null, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 6 items, index 5 main debug: starting playback of the new playlist item main debug: resyncing on Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi main debug: Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi is at 5 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' qt4 debug: IM: Deleting mthaei ni ndpeubtu g: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Local\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20Death%20Bang.avi' gives access `file' demux `' path `/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20Death%20Bang.avi' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20Death%20Bang.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 12 candidates qt4 debug: IM: Settimainng an in pudebug: tn o access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20Death%20Bang.avi', path='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 20 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: qtUsing s4 dtream method feor bugAStream*: IM: Dmaielenting the input debug: starting pre-buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 6 candidates main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 6 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input Death%20Bang.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 103 - Chitty Chitty Death Bang.avi' main debug: looking for demux module matching "avi": 63 candidates avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:158740480 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:158739688 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:8898 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4312 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:108 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:280 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4234 pos:4408 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:4420 avi debug: | | | + strf size:30 pos:4484 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:4522 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:8650 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:8662 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:56 pos:8918 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:44 pos:8930 avi debug: | + JUNK size:1250 pos:8982 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:157690576 pos:10240 avi debug: | + idx1 size:1038864 pos:157700824 avi debug: + JUNK size:776 pos:158739696 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED avi debug: stream[0] rate:2997 scale:125 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(XVID) 640x480 24bpp 23.976000fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:24000 scale:1 samplesize:1 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x55 - MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3) 2 channels 48000Hz 0bits avi debug: selected standard index for stream[0] avi debug: selected standard index for stream[1] avi debug: stream[0] created 32470 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 32459 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:1354 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1354 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\ main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering avcodec debug: allowing 4 thread(s) for decoding avcodec debug: avcodec codec (MPEG-4 Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader modules matched main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20103%20-%20Chitty%20Chitty%20Death%20Bang.avi' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% mainmpeg_audio debugd: ebugMPGA channels::2 sampBuleratffering 8e:%48000 bimaitnrate :debug: 192Buffe ring 16% main debug: mtrying to reuseai free vnout demain debug: rembug: Buffering 25% main debug: Buffoering 33% main debug: Buffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 58% main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% ving mmain odebug: Buffering 83% dule "freetype" main debug: maiBnuffering 91% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 14 ms) debug: looking for text renderer module matching "any": 2 candidates freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\Windows\Fonts\ariali.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: reusing provided vout maavicno ddeecb udge:b urge:u suisnign ga uddiiroe cotu trpeuntd eridnigr ectsound debug: Opening DirectSound Audio Output main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture directsound debug: Windows speaker config: Stereo and stream has 2 channels, using 2 channels direct3d debug: Created 637x33 texture for OSD main debug: output 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: looking for audio volume module matching "any": 2 candidates main debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer" main debug: input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/969 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module matching "scaletempo": 14 candidates scaletempo debug: format: 48000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: conversion: 'mpga'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates main debug: no audio converter modules matched main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->f32l, bits per sample: 32 main debug: using audio converter module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: conversion: 'f32l'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates main debug: using audio resampler module "samplerate" main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: Decoder buffering done in 81 ms main debug: inserting 240 zeroes main debug: auto hiding mouse cursor main warning: playback too late (72583): up-sampling main debug: adding item `Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi' ( file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102%20-%20I%20Never%20Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi ) mamainin debug d:e bcuognt:r oiln:c osmtiong prpeiqngu eisntp u-t stopping current input mainm debuga: iCreating an input for 'nFamily Guy - 10 debug: 2 cont- I Never Mrol: stopping input et The Dead Man.avi' main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: finished input main debug: removing module "avcodec" avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) stopped main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mp4v', 0 PES in FIFO maimainn de bug: dmeta ok for ebu(g: null), savingneed to fetch art a free vout main debug: reusing provided vout main debug: lomoakiinn g ford embeutga :fe tremcoherv imnogd umloed umlaetc "hminpg e"ga_nayu"d:i o1" cmaanidni ddaetbeusg : killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removiluang debug: mTrying Lodule u"a scripts in C:\Ussamplerate" ers\Aybabtu\AppData\Romaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetchera in debuglua: debug : removing Trying Lua scripts in mC:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetchero dule "mpgatofixed3lua2 debug": Trying Lua playlist script mC:\Program Fainiles (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\met a\fdebuge: tremocheving module "rs\tvrage.lcaletempou"ac directsound debug: closing audio device main debug: using meta fetcher module "lua" main debug: removing module "lua" main debug: searching art for Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.mlauianc debu g: removing module "float_mixer" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: removing module "avi" lua debug: Trying Lua playlismta isnc rdiepbtu Cg::\ Prreomgorvaimn gF imloedsu l(ex 8"6r)e\cVoirdde"o LAN\VLC\lua\memtaai\na rdte\b0u1g_:g oroegmloeviimnagg em.olduualce "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: incomliunag dreebquugest - stopping current input main debug: dead in:p uTrty ing Lua playlist script C:\Program Filesm a(ixn8 6d)e\bVuigd:e opLrAoNc\eVsLsCi\nlgu ar\emqeuteas\ta ritt\e0m2:_ fFraemniclhyt vG.ulyu a-c 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi, node: null, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 7 items, index 6 main debug: sltuaarting pdlayback of thebe new playlist item mainu gdebug: : Trying Lua plresyncing on aylist script Family Guy -C :1\0P2r o-g rIa mN eFvielers M(ext8 6T)h\eV iDdeeaodL AMNa\nV.LaCv\il umaa\imne tdae\baurgt:\ 0F3a_mlialsyt fGmu.yl u-a c1 02 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi is at 6 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creatingm aainn idnepbuutg f:o rn o' Faarmti lfyi nGdueyr -m o1d0u2l e-s Im aNtcehveedr Mmeati nT hdee bDuega:d aMratn .naovti 'f ound for Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Local\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102q%t240 -d%e2b0uIg%:2 0INMe:v eDre%l2eti0nMge tt%h2e0 Tihnep%u2t0 Dead%20Man.avi' gives access `file' demux `' path `/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102%20-%20I%20Never%20Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102%20-%20I%20Never%20Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Fqatm4i ldye bGuugy: -I M1:0 2 S-e tIt iNnegv earn Mientp uTth e Dead Man.avi' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 12 candidates main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Famiqlty4%20 Gdueyb%u2g0-:% 2I0M1:0 2D%e2l0e-t%i2n0gI %t2h0eN eivnepru%t2 0Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi', path='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi' main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 20 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: Using stream method forq AStream* t4 debugm: ainIM: Setting an input debug: starting pre-buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 999 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 6 candidates main debug: no stream_filter modules matched main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 6 candidates main debug: using stream_filter module "record" main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102%20-%20I%20Never%20Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi' file='C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\Family Guy - 102 - I Never Met The Dead Man.avi' main debug: looking for demux module matching "avi": 63 candidates avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:166668288 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:166666838 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:8898 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4312 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:108 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:280 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:4234 pos:4408 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:4420 avi debug: | | | + strf size:30 pos:4484 avi debug: | | | + JUNK size:4120 pos:4522 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:8650 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:8662 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:56 pos:8918 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:44 pos:8930 avi debug: | + JUNK size:1250 pos:8982 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:165621054 pos:10240 avi debug: | + idx1 size:1035536 pos:165631302 avi debug: + JUNK size:1434 pos:166666846 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED avi debug: stream[0] rate:2997 scale:125 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(XVID) 640x480 24bpp 23.976000fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:24000 scale:1 samplesize:1 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x55 - MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3) 2 channels 48000Hz 0bits avi debug: selected standard index for stream[0] avi debug: selected standard index for stream[1] avi debug: stream[0] created 32366 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 32355 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:1349 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1349 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Users\Aybabtu\Videos\VLC test\ main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering avcodec debug: allowing 4 thread(s) for decoding avcodec debug: avcodec codec (MPEG-4 Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: looking for decoder module matching "any": 39 candidates main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio" main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\Aybabtu\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader modules matched main debug: `file:///C:/Users/Aybabtu/Videos/VLC%20test/Family%20Guy%20-%20102%20-%20I%20Never%20Met%20The%20Dead%20Man.avi' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% mainmpe dg_audieobug: debug: MPGA ch aBnufnfeelrsi:n2g s8a%m plermataine :d4e8b0u0g0: bBiutfrferaitnge :1169%2 mmaaiinn ddeebbuugg:: Brueffuesriinngg a2u5d%i o output directsoumnadin de debugbugm: ain: dOeBpuefnferiing Dinrgec t3S3o%u nd mAudainio Outputb deugb:u gtrying to re: Buffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 58% main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% main debug: Buffering 83% main debug: Buffering 91% main debuusge: fBruefef evroiuntg 1m0a0i%n dmeabiung :d erbeumgov:i nSgt rmeoadmu lbeu f"fferreientgy pdeo"n e (325 ms imna i1n1 dmesb)u g: looking for text renderer module matching "any": 2 candidates freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\Windows\Fonts\ariali.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: reusing provided vout avcodec debug: using direct rendering main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture directsound debug: Windows speaker config: Stereo and stream has 2 channels, using 2 channels freetype debug: Breaking line main debug: output 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes dmainirec debug: looking for taudio volume module matching "3d debuga: ny": Created 2561x62 texture for OSDca ndidates main debug: using audio volume module "float_mixer" main debug: input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/969 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module matching "scaletempo": 14 candidates scaletempo debug: format: 48000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: conversion: 'mpga'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates main debug: no audio converter modules matched main debug: looking for audio converter module matching "any": 12 candidates mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->f32l, bits per sample: 32 main debug: using audio converter module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: conversion: 'f32l'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo main debug: conversion pipeline complete main debug: looking for audio resampler module matching "any": 3 candidates main debug: using audio resampler module "samplerate" main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: Decoder buffering done in 59 ms main debug: inserting 336 zeroes main warning: playback too late (66583): up-sampling main debug: exiting main debug: removing all interfaces main debug: exiting main debug: no exit handler main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: deactivating the playlist main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: control: stopping input main debug: incoming request - stoppmianign cduerbruegn:t input main debug: finished input removing module "avcodec" avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) stopped main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mp4v', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: saving a free vout main debug: reusing provided vout main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "samplerate" main debug: removing module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" directsound debug: closing audio device main debug: removing module "float_mixer" main debug: keeping audio output main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: incoming request - stopping current input main debug: dead input mainq td4e bduegb:u gr:e mIoMv:i nDge lmeotdiunlge t"hdei riencptsuotu nd" main debug: destroying useless vout main debug: removing module "direct3d" direct3d debug: Direct3D scene released successfully direct3d debug: DirectXEventThread terminating direct3d debug: DirectXCloseWindow direct3d debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale" qt4 debug: requesting exit... qt4 debuqgt:4 wdaeibtuign:g QfAoprp UeIx etch(r)e afdi.n.i.s hed qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Playlist Destroyed qt4 debug: Killing extension dialog provider qt4 debug: ExtensionsDialogProvider is quitting... main debug: removing module "lua" lua debug: Deactivating all loaded extensions lua debug: All extensions are now deactivated main debug: removing module "globalhotkeys" main debug: removing module "hotkeys" main debug: removing module "logger" -- logger module stopped --

JSLover

Postby JSLover » 15 Dec 2013 02:19

...wow!...that's kinda cool, in an "OMG? WTF!...is causing that?" kinda way.

Hmm...at 1st, I had no idea, then I thought: is it actually trying to run 2 (or multiple) instances of VLC?...both instances are writing to the same log file & they are stepping on each other?...& is the log file really not locked for writing properly?

Try this...
  1. Open Task Manager
    • To do that: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc...or...Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, then click Start Task Manager
  2. Click the Processes tab (or some tab that lists things like explorer.exe & svchost.exe)
    • Note: I can't remember how much of this is the same for newer versions of Windows, so try to guess what I mean, for example the name of the tab might not be "Processes". I know for sure that Windows 8 is completely different, so if you have that, then IDK, you'll need to guess or I'll need to find different steps.
  3. Click on the 1st column's name a few times, until it it sorting by name A-Z.
    • Note: on XP, this column is called Image Name, but it could be called Name, Process Name or something else on other versions of Windows (I can't remember)
  4. Scroll down the list to the "v"s — or where the "v"s would be, if you don't have any.
  5. Arrange the window so you can see it & start 2 videos at the same time.
  6. Play 2 (or multiple) videos, like you did in the "fail log".
  7. While they start playing, look in Task Manager, how many vlc.exe's do you see? 1, 2 or as many as the number of videos you started?
...if you have multiple vlc.exe's in Task Manager, then yes, VLC is starting a new instance for every video...which I don't think is the default, but whatever.

Well, at least I have another pref for you to turn on — or at least check...
  3. At the top left, for Search, paste the string: one instance
  4. In the box below Search, click Advanced
  5. On the right-side, in the section Performance options, make sure One instance when started from file is checked.
  6. Click Save
  7. Close VLC to commit the pref change (otherwise, if VLC crashes, this change {or some changes} might not be saved)
  8. Play 2 or more videos, by selecting multiple & clicking Play.
...if that is already checked, or it doesn't fix it...there's another pref in the same section as above...it's called Allow only one running instance...I don't really recommend that setting permanently, but it would help isolate this bug.

I recommend you try the "when started from file" checkbox by itself 1st, then move on to the full one instance mode, if that fails.

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 15 Dec 2013 15:36

...wow!...that's kinda cool, in an "OMG? WTF!...is causing that?" kinda way.
Maybe once I start looking at it as a programmer, but usually it's annoying.
...is it actually trying to run 2 (or multiple) instances of VLC?
No. Task manager reports only one instance in both methods.
...make sure One instance when started from file is checked...if that is already checked
Yes.
or it doesn't fix it
Nope.
Allow only one running instance...I don't really recommend that setting permanently, but it would help isolate this bug.
Does not help, either. But out of curiosity, why not always allow it?

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 07 Jan 2014 02:51

*chirp*

kovacsur
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kovacsur » 24 Jul 2016 10:33

So... any news on this? I am experiencing the same issue on a clean installation of Windows 10 Professional x64, running VLC 2.2.4 x64. Right clicking on a multi-file selection and selecting "Play" from the context menu will result in a separate output window. It does not happen for single-file selections or when using the "Add to playlist" option.

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 24 Jul 2016 13:45

Seems like nobody wants to try anymore.

kovacsur
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kovacsur » 24 Jul 2016 21:24

Well, I for one solved the problem by switching to MPC. Before doing so, however, I spotted another rather embarrassing bug, for which I am going to leave a short report here as a parting gift: the interactive zoom function does not play nice with automatically rotated videos (the position of the displayed UI does not match the area that is sensitive to mouse clicks, ie. one or the other is not rotated with the video). Good luck!

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 24 Jul 2016 22:02

I use Plex now, VLC only for those Plex does not recognize.

PeterS
New Cone
New Cone

Postby PeterS » 16 Nov 2016 18:44

Having spent several frustrating hours reading multiple versions of the same condescending "Reset Preferences" comments and a variety of settings for said Preferences to fix the 'VERY Pesky' extra window so it does not show up, I finally have clarity thanks in part to this thread. I think this IS a bug in VLC for what that is worth, because it does not do what the preferences say it should do!

My solution is, when opening multiple video files, don't click play from the right click menu, instead either open VLC first and then drag the files onto VLC, or click 'Add to VLC media player's Playlist' to play the videos.

I thought something had been changed but I realized I had never seen this before because I never open more than one file and never have encountered the issue before until I was wanting to compare two videos. This is what happens when things become too 'smart' and end up making the user feel dumb :(

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 17 Nov 2016 01:38

I don't see any way to upvote posts or replies, so allow this to be Peter's +1. I will only occasionally use VLC now, so it's (almost) a moot point for me.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 17 Nov 2016 17:47

Does the file have more than one video track, or does it not?
Rémi Denis-Courmont

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 18 Nov 2016 01:45

Not that I have noticed. The feature/error/bug seems to be completely random. Some videos will trigger it, some will not. Also, sometimes a group of videos will trigger it and later, the same group will not. Also (x2), "Add to Playlist" does not help; all this does is open each video in succession after the previous playing video is closed.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 18 Nov 2016 19:18

Then, does it occur randomly with the same file, or is it consistently affecting the same files?
Rémi Denis-Courmont

SteveS801
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveS801 » 18 Nov 2016 19:19

Completely random. Not always the same files.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 18 Nov 2016 19:58

Then it's probably a bug in the GUI. But given how little attention the desktop UI gets, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Rémi Denis-Courmont

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”