VLC Looping and Subtitles

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Bennes
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Looping and Subtitles

Postby Bennes » 03 Nov 2013 18:30

Although I've browsed, searched, and checked FAQ's, I have found no answer to a question. I have Windows 7.

My goal is to use VLC player to continuously loop a video, throughout the day, on a wall- mounted TV. Since this will be in a library, I want to use subtitles.

I can successfully play an mp4 video with an .acc subtitle file once, but each time I replay the video, I can only retain the subtitles by manually reloading the subtitle file. This happens even though I have set the player so it will "auto detect" the subtitle file.

Can I play the video in a loop where the player automatically loads the subtitle file each replay?

alex4905ab
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC Looping and Subtitles

Postby alex4905ab » 03 Nov 2013 19:29

Have you tried using the playlist function to make the file loop " View, Playlist, Repeat/Loop Last. " See if that solves your problem. The subtitles should be automatically loaded one the file is replayed if not I can look into the issue if you sample me the video

Bennes
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Bennes » 04 Nov 2013 18:22

I tried the playlist option, but I still needed to re-load the subtitle file on loop re-play.

How do I "sample [you] the video"?

o2demo.com
New Cone
New Cone

Postby o2demo.com » 28 May 2015 20:58

I had same issue for a lobby video for a client. Needed to loop with subtitles. The solution is to create an "A-->B" loop so the the video never exits.
Here’s what you need to do:

1. Open VLC Player.
2. Click on “Open Media” and click “browse” and find the m4v file.
3. Check “Add Subtile File” and browse to choose the subtitle file. I used a .srt click “Ok"
4. Click “Open” to open both the m4v file and the SRT file.
5. The movie will automatically play. Press the “Pause” button.
6. Now, Grab the timeline and drag it to the very beginning of the video (it should still be paused). On the first frame (00:00) go up to the Playback tab and select “A—>B Loop” This sets the first frame as “A”
7. Now, keep paused and drag the timeline all the way to the end of the video. The last frame (35:41). Still paused on that last frame go up to the Playback tab and once again select “A—>B Loop”. Now, the last frame (35:41) is now “B”
8. Now, drag the timeline all the way to the beginning. Press “Play”

Should be good to go. It’s actually really easy and simple once you get the idea.
Brian

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”