Where in 2.1.0 is setting to select recording output folder

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Where in 2.1.0 is setting to select recording output folder

Postby Chrisi22 » 08 Oct 2013 06:00

I can't find a place in preferences, to allow browsing to select a folder location to store recorded sections out of vids?

Is it missing in latest version, or do you have to copy / paste a path to change it?
Under Input / Codecs, there's a box, "Record directory or file name." No browse to a location option. If that's it, seems like the wrong location.

Didn't notice any other place to change it, in more logical places.

Thanks.

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

A Place To Hide

Postby Ludrax » 08 Oct 2013 10:08

screenshot?
Under Input / Codecs, there's a box, "Record directory or file name." No browse to a location option. If that's it, seems like the wrong location.
that option simply exists here :-|
  • just enter new path?
An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Where in 2.1.0 is setting to select recording output fol

Postby Chrisi22 » 08 Oct 2013 18:40

Thanks.
that option simply exists here
Not sure what that means. Do you mean this option has no "Browse To" option to change locations? Or guessing, like me?

"Screen shot?" Do you mean, "Are you talking about Screen shot output location," ... or, post a screen shot?
If the latter, just look at the prefs interface location I gave.

INPUT / CODES
"Settings for input, demultiplexing, decoding and encoding."
> "Record Folder or File Name."

This IS the pref to specify where RecordINGS (not "Records") will be stored, but its location in Prefs menu seems counter intuitive. Logically, it would be near the pref for snapshots storage location.

Tool tip for the current pref, "Record directory or filename" says, "Directory or filename where the records will be stored."
Should say, "... where the recordINGS will be stored," or, "... where recordED files will be stored."

The Pref name / description should be, "RecordINGS Folder or File Name" or "Save RecordINGS to Folder or File Name:."

In this VLC context, "Recordings" or "Recorded Files" is correct.
In English, "Records" means documented facts, data, etc., stored in print or electronically. Or (physical) vinyl platterS / diskS containing music.
Thanks.

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: Where in 2.1.0 is setting to select recording output fol

Postby Ludrax » 10 Oct 2013 13:02

Not sure what that means. Do you mean this option has no "Browse To" option to change locations? Or guessing, like me?
I mean that "browse" option is present and allows folder selection :arrow:
"Settings for input, demultiplexing, decoding and encoding." > "Record Folder or File Name."
that's from 'Show settings - All'
In English, "Records" means documented facts, data, etc., stored in print or electronically. Or (physical) vinyl platterS / diskS containing music.
maybe because it's mainly based in Europe?
Rincewind fixes around a thousand bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 140 volunteers.
An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”