Audio Lagging every 10*BufferCacheSetting seconds

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MeWhoElse
New Cone
New Cone

Audio Lagging every 10*BufferCacheSetting seconds

Postby MeWhoElse » 17 Apr 2013 13:18

Hey Guys,
I got an audio lagging issue with a freshly installed VLC media player 2.0.6 Twoflower on a (just as freshly installed) Win7 64bit.
Searching in the net I found quite a few topics on that, but one thing never mentioned is this peculiarity:
The lagging occurs always after the same time interval, and even more, the length of this interval changes with the buffer settings.
With file caching on default 300 it was every 3 seconds, on 600 every 6s on 1000 every 10s and so on (so it's 10*CacheSetting).

The lagging only occurs in VLC so I don't think it's a driver issue, I get no error messages, it's independent of the file type (occurred on mp3, wav & mkv so far), video playback on it's own runs fine, I already tried changing the output device and I do not have an ASUS motherboard (it's from Gigabyte).

Edit:
Tried the experimental 64bit version -> same issue
Tried version 1.1.9 -> Still lagging, but now constantly every 3 to 4 seconds no matter how the buffer preferences are set.

Any ideas?

TypX
Developer
Developer

Re: Audio Lagging every 10*BufferCacheSetting seconds

Postby TypX » 17 Apr 2013 14:07

Could you share the logs tools->messages set verbosity to 2 and restart playback.

MeWhoElse
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Audio Lagging every 10*BufferCacheSetting seconds

Postby MeWhoElse » 19 Apr 2013 17:30

Well, I didn't change anything, but on turning on my PC today VLC just ran normally. I have no ideas whatsoever as to why.
So all that's left for me is to thank you for your readiness to help and enjoy my now-working VLC player^^.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”