Chapters Stopped Working

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
kws53
New Cone
New Cone

Chapters Stopped Working

Postby kws53 » 02 Mar 2013 18:07

Please help - because of serious lag in skipping chapters in mkv [for checking remux from mkvmerge 6.0], I uninstalled 2.0.4 and reinstalled 1.1.7. Unfortunately, I removed the cache and preferences as well. Now the chapter function [arrows] does not work AT ALL. The chapter arrows are there, but they do not work. I reinstalled 2.0.4 with the same result.

I looked for a preference setting that I might be missing, but cannot find any.

Simply stated, with NO OTHER CHANGES TO MY COMPUTER, and using the same MKV files containing chapters that worked in the past, VLC no longer recognizes my chapters.

KWS

TypX
Developer
Developer

Re: Chapters Stopped Working

Postby TypX » 03 Mar 2013 18:04

This is a known bug (and fixed for 2.0.6+).

You can either take a nightly build (http://nightlies.videolan.org) or enabling dummy element: tools->preferences show settings all then Input/Codecs->demuxers->Matroska check the dummy element box, save and restart vlc.

Beware if you choose the latter, when 2.0.6 is out you should disable it since it will badly handle broken files.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”