Command for setting Video Preferences

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Nuntius8
New Cone
New Cone

Command for setting Video Preferences

Postby Nuntius8 » 26 Apr 2012 11:53

Hello,

Does any one know the command for setting the Video Output preferences to DirectX (DirectDraw) video output?
Im using VLC media player 2.0.1 Twoflower

Iv tried the following with no luck:
--directx-hw-yuv --directx-use-sysmem

What im trying top achieve is a startup script that executes 2 running video's on seperate screens, It all works fine when I manually set these settings but i cant get them into my scritp.

The commands i have so far that work with manual setting of Video Output:

START /D"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" vlc.exe c:\temp\VIDEOFILE.flv --fullscreen --repeat --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY3"
START /D"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" vlc.exe c:\temp\VIDEOFILE.mp4 --fullscreen --repeat --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY1"

Command with Video output back on Default settings (Does not work)

START /D"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" vlc.exe c:\temp\VIDEOFILE.flv --fullscreen --repeat --directx-hw-yuv --directx-use-sysmem --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY3"
START /D"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" vlc.exe c:\temp\VIDEOFILE.flv --fullscreen --repeat --directx-hw-yuv --directx-use-sysmem --directx-device="\\.\DISPLAY1"

Any Help would be much appreciated

Thank You

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Command for setting Video Preferences

Postby VLC_help » 26 Apr 2012 21:10

Code: Select all

-V, --vout=<string> Video output module This is the the video output method used by VLC. The default behavior is to automatically select the best method available.
so -V directx

GogolBordello
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Command for setting Video Preferences

Postby GogolBordello » 23 Feb 2016 15:32

have you been successful ? what is the full working bat line ?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”