VLC fails to play Arcsoft HD PVR MP4 file output

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
VapoChill
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC fails to play Arcsoft HD PVR MP4 file output

Postby VapoChill » 08 Aug 2009 12:24

I got the same problem, is there a way to fix the CRC errors with a program ? Thanks :)
Looks like Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme makes broken files. :cry:

I see 1/4 part of the screen and hear the music, but the video stands still.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 08 Aug 2009 19:10

--demux ffmpeg
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

VapoChill
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VapoChill » 08 Aug 2009 22:59

Ok thanks, I have now recorded in: M2TS and gives no problems in playback.
Sony Vegas 9 can not edit these files ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 09 Aug 2009 14:01

Sony Vegas Pro v.9 is capable of reading and editing M2TS files produced by Canon Vixia Camcorders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.m2ts

VapoChill
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VapoChill » 09 Aug 2009 18:22

Ok, not al sorts of M2TS file, but I can open it now with: Adobe Premier Elements 7 to edit.
Will try the broken files, thanks. :)

morrkope
New Cone
New Cone

Postby morrkope » 14 Aug 2009 16:21

I just joined this forum
I wonder if you can tell me how to open a mp4 file on VLC and also how do I post a question

Thanks

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 14 Aug 2009 17:02

I wonder if you can tell me how to open a mp4 file on VLC and also how do I post a question
Media -> Open File... or drag&drop video.

Aeneas
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Aeneas » 23 Aug 2009 22:17

Ok, not al sorts of M2TS file, but I can open it now with: Adobe Premier Elements 7 to edit.
Will try the broken files, thanks. :)
I just installed and tested the Premier Elements 7 program and found that it is much too slow.
It converts HD PVR .M2TS at approximately 9 times the duration of the content.
[Using a Q6600/6 GB SDRAM/ATI 4550/Windows XP SP3].
To contrast, the HD PVR included conversion tool converts to 640x480 WMV at approximately a 1:1 time ratio.
That then allows the user to manipulate that resulting output in Windows Movie Maker 2, which itself operates at a 1:1 ratio.
Thus, total time cost is 2:1.
Even regular MPEG-1 content, the Elements 7 programs converts to 640x480 at an approximate 7:1 time ratio.
Thus, Elements 7 is useless.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 24 Aug 2009 23:04

If you just need fast video conversion, MediaCoder or SUPER might be better tool for the job. And latests Windows Movie Maker opens M2TS and MP4 files (works in Windows Vista and in Widows 7).

Aeneas

Postby Aeneas » 24 Aug 2009 23:32

If you just need fast video conversion, MediaCoder or SUPER might be better tool for the job. And latests Windows Movie Maker opens M2TS and MP4 files (works in Windows Vista and in Widows 7).
As I have described earlier, there are serious problems with the Audio system in Vista and Windows 7 (last tested W7 about 5 months ago).
These Audio bugs prevent Composite Video/Audio from being recorded properly (muted playback) through a TV Tuner card and also prevent the user from using CD-IN for audio input. These items work in Windows XP SP3, and thus Windows XP remains indispensable for anyone who genuinely does day to day desktop video.
I own Vista Ultimate but cannot use it for this primary reason.

Composite is absolutely essential for anyone who truly watches TV on a PC TV Tuner card, since that is the method through which the user receives the Cable Set Top Box output.
The tuner on the card is mainly of value for scheduled recording when absent.
The PC TV Tuner is capable of tuning and decoding maybe 80 (70 NTSC + 10 ATSC ClearQAM) of the total maybe 500 channels for which the user is paying his cable company, each month. The rest are ATSC Encrypted.
The Composite input is capable of receiving All channels received by the cable set top box, as long as the user is present and selects the channel on the cable set top box.

When issues like these fail to be mentioned on forums like this one, it is a clear indication that those who post on these forums are not true users but are public relations/sales/marketing workers trying to pose as users.

What is the URL for SUPER download or what is its full name ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 25 Aug 2009 22:43

These Audio bugs prevent Composite Video/Audio from being recorded properly (muted playback) through a TV Tuner card and also prevent the user from using CD-IN for audio input.
CD-In does work in Vista if your sound card drives offer that option. But I don't know why anyone would use CD-In since digital ripping is faster and more easier option.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Aeneas

Postby Aeneas » 26 Aug 2009 00:08

These Audio bugs prevent Composite Video/Audio from being recorded properly (muted playback) through a TV Tuner card and also prevent the user from using CD-IN for audio input.
CD-In does work in Vista if your sound card drives offer that option. But I don't know why anyone would use CD-In since digital ripping is faster and more easier option.
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
CD-IN does not work as it did in Windows XP.
In Windows XP CD-IN is integrated into the full Audio solution, allowing the user to control its volume level through SNDVOL32.EXE (in Vista SNDVOL.EXE), both individually, and with the Master slider controls.
In Windows Vista CD-IN can be controlled only from a separate applet, and thus it cannot be used in the same way in Vista.

In Windows XP, CD-In allows the user to separate the TV Tuner audio from the rest of the WAVE Audio, allowing the TV volume to be controlled individually. This is not necessary in Vista, but CD-IN has still been lost.
Again, the main Vista audio problem is loss of Composite Audio recording, which may be related to the loss of CD-IN control.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”