VlC sourcecode execution procedure when play files(streams)

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ballofking
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VlC sourcecode execution procedure when play files(streams)

Postby ballofking » 27 Jan 2007 03:28

Hi,

I would like to use VLCPlayer for achieve these 3 points in my java application.

1.play h264 files
2.play h264 rtp streams
3.encode(recode) h264 rtp streams to a file

I know VLCPlayer can do these 3 points,but i don't know which sourcecode files relate.I even can't find which sourcecode file can i change the title(VLC media player) in the vlc main GUI.Now I can successfully build the vlc-0.8.6a and have a vlc.exe,so can somebody gives me some hints where the sourcecode files relate to or the VLCplayer's sourcecode execution procedure just about these 3 points.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by ballofking on 27 Jan 2007 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 27 Jan 2007 12:18

1. From the "File" pull down select any "Open" menu except Quick Open then select "Browse" from the "Look in:" pull down go to the drive and directory where your file is located then pick the file you want to transcode as is the case using Open file, then in "Advanced options" check the box marked "Stream/Save" and the "Settings" Box will be Highlighted, press it.

Please note: You can also get to the "Open file" or any other Open menu by right clicking on the player and selecting "Open" and then "Open file".

2. You now have come to the Options Menu called "Stream output". Check the box marked "File" and Browse to where ever you want to save the file you are about to make then select a destination and a file name. Don't forget to specifically give the file name and extension.

3. The rest of the selections depend on if you want to copy or transcode the file or stream.

ballofking
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ballofking » 27 Jan 2007 19:12

Pardon me,my meaning of the files is the c/c++ sourcecode files instead of how to operate the VLCPlayer.I need to integrate it to my java ap.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 28 Jan 2007 07:13

Good luck and have fun! :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”