Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it...

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
infie
New Cone
New Cone

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it...

Postby infie » 26 Jan 2007 19:25

OK, just d/led VLC player to watch a dvd because WinDVD is messed up now. So, on full-screen mode using VLC, I don't see any fast forward function when I right click to get the menu to come up. That's pretty crappy. So I have to back out of full-screen mode every time I want to fast forward?

Maybe I'm missing something, but can someone point me in the right direction on this?

Also, VLC player changed all my Winamp mp3 icons into VLC icons. I went in and made sure that my Winamp was the default player for all audio files. So now when I click on an mp3, Winamp comes up and plays it, but the mp3 still has a VLC icon. It's just annoying to me. Is there any way around this? If so, please let me know.

Thanks! It seems like a great player, but I just need to do some tweaking it seems like. I just don't know how yet, thus my post.

-the newb.

infie
New Cone
New Cone

ok...

Postby infie » 26 Jan 2007 19:55

I tried the arrow keys on my keyboard as well and it didn't work.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 26 Jan 2007 19:59

Right-click on the player, go to preferences and go down to the interface tab. Enable Show interface with mouse, save and then close the player. When in full screen, move the mouse to the top of the screen and the interface should appear.

And by default you can use the + and – key on you're keyboard to fast-forward and play slower. If you want, you can change these by clicking on the interface tab, in preferences, and then Hotkeys settings.

infie
New Cone
New Cone

Yeah, ok...

Postby infie » 26 Jan 2007 20:22

Ok, yeah, that first option is pretty nifty, thank you.

What about the icon crap though? I don't want vlc icons for all my mp3's. Or, moreover, could I change the vlc icon to another graphic even? Like, as in...not big orange cones with white stripes on them? :roll: Really, I just want my old winamp mp3 icons back again. Anything to recommend?

infie
New Cone
New Cone

Postby infie » 26 Jan 2007 20:45

Ahh, I've fixed it. Nevermind. Thank you for a nice media player. So far so good.

joseph5
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby joseph5 » 26 Jan 2007 20:48

You have to reassociate Winamp to play your media files.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”