Doesnt show the entire picture

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
freken
New Cone
New Cone

Doesnt show the entire picture

Postby freken » 23 Jan 2007 13:47

I just downloaded the newest version of VLC, but now no matter what media file I play, theres always small parts on the sides, top and bottom that dont show. This is especially annoying when im watching movies with subtitles. I have looked around the options but have not been able to find any way to fix this. So I was hoping that somebody could give me some friendly advice on how to fix this problem.

freken
New Cone
New Cone

Postby freken » 23 Jan 2007 23:38

Nobody knows anything about this problem? : (
Please dont tell me I have to find another media player

Tappen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Tappen » 24 Jan 2007 06:01

I've never heard of this bug before. It may be a problem with your video card drivers or DirectX version. What are your system specs? Some video cards require that directx windows be sized to a perfect power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, etc). VLC may not know this. Can you resize the window to see the subtitles enlarging a pixel or 2 at a time?

freken
New Cone
New Cone

Postby freken » 24 Jan 2007 09:44

hmm, well after turning on the extended GUI and switching image clone on and off a few times I can suddenly see the entire image again. So, problem solved, although I have no idea how :p

Thanks for the help anyways ^^

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”