Hide JVLC java console (comand line)

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Iker
New Cone
New Cone

Hide JVLC java console (comand line)

Postby Iker » 16 Jan 2007 11:52

Hi,

Anybody knows how to hide the java console when I create a new JVLCPanel object?. I need to hide this console and only have in the screen my swing window.

Thanks

ahmdprog
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ahmdprog » 16 Jan 2007 17:59

Hi,

this is not java console, now you are executing Java application using command line, then the console will stay open.

to solve this problem, you can make Jar(executable) package, and then your application will looks like executable no console will open.

if you are running in windows, then you can make also exe file, then your java application will looks like any other application without console.

i hope this will help you.
Regards,

Iker
New Cone
New Cone

Same problem

Postby Iker » 17 Jan 2007 16:24

Hi,

I still have this problem. I build a jar file with all files that app needs, but when I launch the app, one DOS window appears and remains until app closing.

I call the jar file with "start javaw -jar app.jar" but this sentence only hides the main javaw window, but never the DOS window of VLC (appears when new JVLC is called in code). I must do it, but I don't know how.

Thanks by your response.

Regards

Iker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Iker » 17 Jan 2007 17:11

Hi,

I solve it :P .. as many problems that seems hard problems finally it was a very easy issue, I only need change the second argument of JVLC paramaters arg[1]="--extraintf=logger".

The first thing that we must do to see the things is open the eyes :P

Thanks

saurabh
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Linux

Re: Hide JVLC java console (comand line)

Postby saurabh » 22 Aug 2008 07:59

Wht does this thing do.. ?
arg[1]="--extraintf=logger".
I have also built my application using jvlc but when I run it by creating a jar file it doesnt respond...
So could u please tell how do i bundle my application in jar file..
Thanks in advance...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”