VLC + Audigy 2 ZS + Onkyo TX-SR503 AVR = No Dolby or DTS

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
shinto
New Cone
New Cone

VLC + Audigy 2 ZS + Onkyo TX-SR503 AVR = No Dolby or DTS

Postby shinto » 07 Jan 2007 21:31

I am using a mono baby plug cable to stream digital signals to my Onkyo amp through its Coaxial In.

I have set my VLC to A/52 over S/PDIF under the Audio menu but the sound does not come out right, sounds like it is skipping and repeating and stuff. The file is a VOB format of a Dolby Digital trailer, I also have a couple of DTS format audio files and the same result as well when selecting the A/52 over S/PDIF function. The appropriate format is successfully detected by my receiver whether DTS or Dolby. But when I use VLC's built-in decoders it works well but my receiver does not do any conversion.

I have also done the necessary settings for my soundcard, like SPDIF passthrough and enabled/disabled Audigy's built-in decoders and stuff. On PCM Stereo signals I have no such problems.

By the way, I'm on 2.0-ch mode since I haven't completed my Hi-Fi setup yet. I also have tried 5.1-ch mode on my receiver but the same results.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”