Blocky video in Vista

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Zelbinian
New Cone
New Cone

Blocky video in Vista

Postby Zelbinian » 27 Nov 2006 14:08

I dunno whether this is because you haven't released something specifically for Vista yet (I did notice there was a beta test going on for 0.9.0), but I get extremely blocky playback in VLC regardless of what I'm playing back. Including DVD's. Interestingly enough, WMP has the same behavior. In fact, the only player that seems to be doing things right is Windows Media Center, and I find that just plain bizarre.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

FnF
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FnF » 27 Nov 2006 15:04

I have the same problem sometimes, no idea what it is :( Maybe some dev(s) can give some information concerning the whole Vista thingy? :)

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 27 Nov 2006 16:55

You are running prerelease software, with pre-release video drivers, on a pre-release Operating System. I leave the rest of the math up to you :D
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Zelbinian
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Zelbinian » 27 Nov 2006 17:16

I had figured that's what it was. Although, I'm not using 0.9.0. I'm using the latest stable version offered on VLC's main page.

My video drivers are screwed anyway, thanks to Acer-modified hardware that Nvidia drivers won't recognize, but that's a whole 'nother story . . .

FnF
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FnF » 28 Nov 2006 13:37

You are running prerelease software, with pre-release video drivers, on a pre-release Operating System. I leave the rest of the math up to you :D
Few things :)
Prerelease OS: Vista is already RTM, and 30 november OEM's are preinstalling it on their systems as well, which is only 2 days left.
As for the drivers, yes, that's true, but expect something final soon :)
And prerelease software, we give feedback to improve ofcourse :)

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 28 Nov 2006 17:00

Zelbinian: You can modify NVIDIA drivers to work with your card.
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
in theory that works on Vista too.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”