Color problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
nicholasroni
New Cone
New Cone

Color problem

Postby nicholasroni » 11 Oct 2006 20:50

I've been trying to watch .avi files via VLC. Everything works fine--the sound, the sharpness of the image. The problem is that the color blue and red are...switched, that's what I can think of anyway. What's supposed to be blue appears red (like the sky) and vice versa (Daria's face is light blue and her mother's suit is dark blue, for example). And yes, this is the file I have seen before so I know what color things are supposed to be. Any advice on how to fix this?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 12 Oct 2006 09:42

What OS are you using ?

I've noticed the same problem on two diferent Windows 98 computers.

nonamevlc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby nonamevlc » 12 Oct 2006 14:27

Reset preferences in VLC.

Reset your graphic card settings to default.

KingRemus
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Color problem

Postby KingRemus » 03 May 2009 07:39

I've been trying to watch .avi files via VLC. Everything works fine--the sound, the sharpness of the image. The problem is that the color blue and red are...switched, that's what I can think of anyway. What's supposed to be blue appears red (like the sky) and vice versa (Daria's face is light blue and her mother's suit is dark blue, for example). And yes, this is the file I have seen before so I know what color things are supposed to be. Any advice on how to fix this?
I'm having the same problem, blue faces and pink skys. I've looked under preferences but cannot find Graphics Card option.

I know this problem is VLC related because another Video capture program shows the Video stream without problem. The other program has no audio though while i've got the sound working on VLC.

So I have 2 video programs, one with no sound but a good picture while VLC has sound but has "blue face"! The first program i get working is the one I'll use.

thanks in advance

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Color problem

Postby VLC_help » 03 May 2009 16:21

VLC Directshow capture colorspace issues are known ones.
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2546

If you capture device supports multiple colorspaces, you could try another one.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”