HOW DO I LOOP VIDEOS????? PLEASE HELP!

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
samarastein
New Cone
New Cone

HOW DO I LOOP VIDEOS????? PLEASE HELP!

Postby samarastein » 27 Sep 2006 19:04

Hi, I am making videos of houses for a real estate company and want to use VLC Media Player to loop the videos. I will have videos that are .avi and .mpeg.

I was using windows media player, but it wont loop .mpeg only the .avi files so I need to find a player that will loop both.

I am using Adobe Premier to make the videos or we are outsourcing them. I am on Windows Media Center OS.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as my boss is riding me to get this figured out.

Thank you kindly! :)

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 28 Sep 2006 23:58

Open your playlist and loop the set of videos or one video. If you save and name the playlist you can do just about anything again and again. If the order needs to be changed you can edit the playlist with a normal editor like note pad. The options are repeat all or repeat one. If you choose repeat one you will need to highlight it first. VLC will not care about mixed file types in the playlist.

nonamevlc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Strange Loop option

Postby nonamevlc » 29 Sep 2006 14:09

DJ,I think enabling Looping in VLC is a bit strange.

Lets say I want to loop a single file. Currently the way to do this is to open up the playlist manager (even if i have only one file) and press the repeat one button. This seems to be the only way to do it.

If I go to Settings->Preference->Playlist in the main menu & check the "Repeat all" & "Repeat current item" after I have opened a file in VLC,Still it doesnt loop the file.

Repeat function needs to be easy to do.Eg: Repeat button is there in the main player window in Winamp.

I hope future VLC versions make it easier.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 29 Sep 2006 23:13

Ya! I believe this was changed between 0.8.4 and 0.8.5 and the Preferences selection should be gone in 0.8.6 Playlists are also being rebuilt for 0.8.6 so you just need to cope for a while longer. :)

nonamevlc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby nonamevlc » 30 Sep 2006 20:33

Is there any tentative release date for 0.8.6?

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 30 Sep 2006 20:48

It was originally projected to be end of summer early fall, but the tests have not begun yet so it could still be a couple of months. There will be some major changes in this release so it should not be pushed through.

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Postby funman » 01 Oct 2006 12:11

UPDATE: 0.8.6 will be a bugfix-only release (originally called 0.8.5.1)
and 0.9.0 (originally 0.8.6) will contain all the enhancements ;)

nonamevlc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby nonamevlc » 01 Oct 2006 16:49

Useful update!

I was wondering how nighltlies progressed to 0.9 version & yet 0.8.6 is not out.

Clears that! :D

nonamevlc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby nonamevlc » 01 Oct 2006 17:29

I just checked the roadmap page.

It says
Milestone: 0.8.6

Due in 7 hours (10/01/06)
Does that really mean its gonna be out in 7 hrs !! ?

Unkown user
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Unkown user » 01 Oct 2006 23:06

Open your playlist and loop the set of videos or one video. If you save and name the playlist you can do just about anything again and again. If the order needs to be changed you can edit the playlist with a normal editor like note pad. The options are repeat all or repeat one. If you choose repeat one you will need to highlight it first. VLC will not care about mixed file types in the playlist.
If I set the repeat option (multiple or single file) VLC will crash with an access violation at address 0 after some loops. Doesn't matter if I have one mp3 or more in the playlist.
I don't know if it matters, but I drag the files from explorer and drop them in VLC.
Stupid typo in username :s

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”