Windows Movie Maker

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
kempvet
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Windows Movie Maker

Postby kempvet » 12 May 2006 12:19

How to you capture to file a stream that you can play in the VLC that can be opened up in Windows Movie Maker so that it can be edited, every combination of streaming will say that the file is corrupt when it is imported into Windows Movie Maker. The saved file can be opened and played by the VLC player. Exactly in what form does it need to be saved so that it can be imported and worked with using the Windows Movie Maker.

brun
New Cone
New Cone

movie maker

Postby brun » 22 Aug 2006 15:49

Hi
I have got the same problem.
How import in Windows Movie Maker a file built with VLC ?
Thanks a lot for an answer.
Bruno

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 22 Aug 2006 20:00

This question has been asked before in these pages and you may want to search for them for reference to see how others resolved the issue.

But transcoding into anything that it supports natively should work. Be aware the DivX is recognized as MPEG 42 and ASF does have some restrictions for sound selection.

brun
New Cone
New Cone

a good combination

Postby brun » 24 Aug 2006 14:20

Hi,

After a lot of tries (using only check box, radio button and select line, not editing text on command line) a lot of combinations crashes VLC, other combinations are unreadable by VLC and the majority provides files which, imported in Video Maker, ask for MPGV codec.

Finally :

Encapsulation : MPEG1
Video Codec : mp1V
Audio codec : mp3
extension filename : .mpg

can be imported into Video Maker

Unfortunately the file size is too much. Video Maker is enable to read it at normal speed.

The ultimate solution was to trunck the video between VLC and Video Maker with Virtual Dub (Compress Microsoft 1, Save AVI)

Windows Movie Maker : 2.1.4026.0
VLC : 0.8.5
VirtualDub : 1.6.16
Windows XP : Media Center Edition, service pack 2
Dell Inspiron I6000, Intel M 2.0 GHz, 797M, 1 Go Ram

Keywords : import, Windows Movie Maker, VLC

Good Bye

Bruno

brun
New Cone
New Cone

no video

Postby brun » 26 Aug 2006 12:04

Hi,
I continue my investigation.
First of all, please in my previous post, replace Video Maker by Windows Movie Maker.
When I download : http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... +Demetrius
, transcode gvi file to mpg file (with previous parameters) with VLC, I get a smaller file without video.

When I download :
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... ngo+fabian
, transcode gvi file to mpg file (with previous parameters) with VLC, I get a greater file with video. OK.

When I download : http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... +Demetrius
, transcode gvi file to mpg file (with default parameters,MPEG TS mp4v mpga, not compatible with Windows Movie Maker) with VLC, I get a greater file with video.

My conclusion is VLC is a marvellous tool to read any, any video but transcoding, output is not very clear. I would appreciate some message from VLC software when combination of parameters and input file are not compatible.

In any case thanks a lot for Video Lan developpers team.

Bruno

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 27 Aug 2006 06:53

It has been left to the end user to make compatible files for other players and systems. This should not be a limitation of VLC. But it may be a learning process for the end user. :)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”