VLC to display my PC screen

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
fred77

VLC to display my PC screen

Postby fred77 » 08 May 2006 00:11

Hi,

I currently use VLc to read video files on my laptop and then, send it to my DSL BOX and so get the image on my Tv screen.

I would like to kniw if I can ask VLc to not read a video file, but just read my screen (what I am currently doing on my PC) and send it to my TV... something like catpuring the display and send it.

Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 08 May 2006 07:53

Hi fred77

File - Open File - type in "screen://" (without qoutes) - hit OK.

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

HyperHacker
VLC version: 0.8.6e
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Postby HyperHacker » 09 May 2006 04:06

OK I just tried that and my computer completely locked up. Like when you get some program hogging up all the CPU, and things are still happening on the screen but it takes 10 minutes to respond to any keypress or mouse movement? Except replace "takes 10 minutes to respond" with "just does not respond". :shock:
[ PC: WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 250GB HD | 256MB Radeon 9550 | 1.7ghz AMD Sempron | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]
[ Laptop: Gateway MX7515 | WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 100GB HD | 128MB Mobility Radeon X600 | 2.6ghz AMD Athlon | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”