Problem with URL format for streaming

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
foolen

Problem with URL format for streaming

Postby foolen » 20 Feb 2006 09:32

Hi!

First of all, yes, I'm a newbie but I've tried to find the answer in the forums so this is my last hope.

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to use (the latest version of) VLC to record a streaming .wma-file on this link:

http://62.119.21.27/sweden/mtg/NRJ At The Club 16 feb - Mixed by Benji of Sweden.wma

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to open the link in VLC, not even if I skip the "recording" settings and just try to stream. The conlusion seems to be that VLC cannot handle the format of the url and I've tried the usual " and ' to get around it but although I get a bit further it still won't open. You can see the problem in the link above, it "stops" at the first space. I'm wondering how I should enter it so that it works. I will probably be ashamed when I learn how easy this was but I've given up :).

Thankful for any input on this!

BR,
Andreas

usbhell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby usbhell » 20 Feb 2006 10:32

This seems to be a Windows Media Audio Redirector (.wax) file. I don't know about VLC but you need to google for something that handles these I suppose

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”