emulate dvd remote forward symbol

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
nasruddin
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

emulate dvd remote forward symbol

Postby nasruddin » 15 Jun 2023 20:33

Looking at the DVD of The Hustler (library borrow - probably 2002 edition if it matters)
and came across a bonus feature of a series of stills. Can't figure out how to read them - the navigation is a double arrow button "on your remote", but nothing I have tried works - the VLC navigation arrows, the windows keyboard nav arrows, tab, &c.

Any ideas how to emulate this function?
The instructions are in the img, if it works, or pick it out of the url if the tag doesn't work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18M_U54 ... sp=sharing

I don't have a working dvd player with a remote at this point - it's possible the feature doesn't work at all, but I expect it probably does.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: emulate dvd remote forward symbol

Postby Lotesdelere » 17 Jun 2023 13:03

Yes, VLC uses the ⏭ symbol, which stands for "next track button" and not the ⏩ symbol which is the "fast forward button".
But in the Customize Interface/Toolbars Editor the ⏭ is named "Next / Forward" and the ⏩ is named "Faster".
So I'm not sure about what to think about that and how to be sure to send a Forward command. Maybe a dev will clarify that.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”