VLC Win10 (Version 3.0.3) Good For Broadcasting (Version 3.0.18) Bad

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC Win10 (Version 3.0.3) Good For Broadcasting (Version 3.0.18) Bad

Postby Aspersimgamer » 08 Dec 2022 04:11

I have to say if you don't know me already I am a DJ and a ICECAST broadcaster I run a (live recorded) AUTO BROADCAST out of my own home

First off you read the tile correctly I found the current version of (VLC 3.0.18) to be the worst thing ever to broadcast with because primarily I have all my DJ talk in one folder consisting of about 7,077 files total and about 21,600 songs in my music library all located in my studio computer's Default Music Documents folder

With the current version of (VLC 3.0.18) I Downloaded yesterday 12/7/22 it SUCK's compared to version 3.0.3 because the shuffle mode in (VLC 3.0.3) works better and is WAY more stable and longer lasting of a shuffle then in (VLC 3.0.18). First off, all the DJ talk files play one after another probably for hours and don't stop.

I don't know why but the previous version (VLC 3.03) instantly plays other songs located in other folders AND subfolders. But once the (VLC Version .3.0.18) selects the DJ talk folder or the music folder the DJ talk It locks onto that folder only and it won't shut up and access any of the other audio/music folders and subfolders located in my entire music library inside of one Music folder

Unlike Version (VLC 3.0.18)

Version (VLC 3.03) instantly accesses and shuffles ALL Folders and Sub Folders in the Music Folder and INSTANTLY AND WITHOUT ANY ERRORS shuffles ALL FIles in all 3 different sections on my hard drive something that

(VLC 3.0.18) cannot VLC 3.0.18 is broken and NOT good for broadcasting music and DJ talk at the same time AT ALL

(I had to run the previous installer and Downgrade just now I hope I didn't make things worse) :roll:
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC Win10 (Version 3.0.3) Good For Broadcasting (Version 3.0.18) Bad

Postby Lotesdelere » 08 Dec 2022 08:26

Looks like there is a similar report about shuffle mode:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p533598

You should create a new report ticket on the VLC Trac with your above report and the link to this thread:
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 08 Dec 2022 11:20

yea you just quoted my post from earlier I'll try to get send them this thread but? I am having trouble confirming my account through my email I am not receiving the account creation email confirmation

I TRIED 30 TIMES TO SEND

BUT I CANNOT GET THE ACCOUNT EMAIL CONFIRMATION PLEASE SEND THIS REPORT TO THEM,

I'M IN NO HURRY TO GET THIS FIXED SINCE I STILL HAVE A WORKING COPY OF (SOFTWARE VERSION 3.0.3) IN MY STUDIO

Please send them this information I cannot get through to them I tried :(

this really is a serious issue in my opinion the shuffle is not only broken but it lags and stops in the middle as well
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 29 Dec 2022 10:00

I am still waiting on a reply that is how bad my experience with the new software was,

I still want to have all the best security features but none of the issues that come with having 3.0.18 installed and running, no hurry I probably won't upgrade anymore in my studio because 3.0.3. is a definite broadcasting sweet spot in my opinion because if literally and perfectly shuffles through ALL files and Folders no matter how many it seems so far

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 08 May 2023 06:21

So far I have been using version 3.0.3 for about a year now constantly.

and I have to say it's the perfect version of VLC no questions asked, in my opinion I have a playlist of songs and DJ talk with many folders and subfolders inside of one main folder and that is how I run my entire around 30,000 audio clip playlist.

This because of this particular version of VLC's shuffle mode it works perfect for low maintenance 24/7 streaming of music files. I used to use Winamp until it faced issues with a bad mod. VLC version 3.0.3 is what I recommend for all radio broadcasters who want stream 24/7 with have all your audio files getting played no matter where in your main music folder it is located

but I highly recommend you turn off the automatic updates to prevent version 3.0.18 from installing because 3.0.18 has the worst shuffle mode often playing the same audio clips in certain folder and only those folders over and over again.

Version 3.0.3 shuffles all audio clips allowing a different file within a different folder to open 99.9% of the time allowing you to easily create a virtual radio show by creating a number of DJ talk clips and copy them and put them into a single folder, I recommend having 35% of your playlist DJ talk files or commercials in one folder inside your main music folder. then the rest of the audio files in other music folders only. to ensure a true balanced stream of talk and your music or whatever else you play on your online stream.

I use Casthost for my streaming service provider, if you contact them on their website they might be able to finish getting you started in less than 3 hours but I recommend having at least 2 PC's to work on one for broadcasting and the other for recording your audio clips

But I highly recommend you have no more then 32,0000 audio files to in your playlist to avoid VLC crashing or the program getting congested.

BUT REMEMBER TO PRESS THE SHUFFLE MODE MULTIPLE TIMES TO ENSURE THE SONG KEEP ON COMMING IN RANDOM ORDER (every time you reboot VLC)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”