Is the Java issue with Bluray playback still ongoing?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Don_Bubbles
New Cone
New Cone

Is the Java issue with Bluray playback still ongoing?

Postby Don_Bubbles » 13 Sep 2022 23:17

I've been using an older version of JRE since a recent Java update broke Bluray playback. Is this still a problem or is it safe to update JRE? Thanks in advance

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Is the Java issue with Bluray playback still ongoing?

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 Sep 2022 10:11

Since there is no new release of VLC as of today, I don't see how anything could have changed.
Maybe in the nightly builds ? I don't know TBH.

4667WKD
New Cone
New Cone

Postby 4667WKD » 07 Nov 2022 18:55

Fixed in VLC 3.0.18. Not sure when it will be finally released, but you can get rc2 here: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... .0.18-rc2/

B-RaD6970
New Cone
New Cone

Postby B-RaD6970 » 30 Nov 2022 08:01

If the issue has been fixed, and I have version 3.0.18, why is it I still can't see the menus for the Blu-ray's? I've scoured the web, and done everything I can do to find out why. Is it because of another Java update? I only ask because I'm very new to this whole thing, and even though I've ben a loyal VLC user since '07, this is the first time I've owned a computer with a Blu-ray player. I bought it refurbished from a pawn shop, so I've been having trouble getting VLC to work. I have it able to see the disc, and read it, but it always says it can't find Java, and needs it to play the menus. It's not the end of the world, it's just annoying because if its any special edition Blu-ray, it picks and chooses what files to play off the disc.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”