Mouse Cursor being hidden NOT in Fullscreen mode.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Glorakoth
New Cone
New Cone

Mouse Cursor being hidden NOT in Fullscreen mode.

Postby Glorakoth » 08 Jul 2022 03:55

When I open VLC in regular windowed mode the mouse is hidden when I hover it over the media player unless I click, I'm pretty sure I remember enabling this myself while looking through the preferences but now I cannot find the setting and would appreciate any assistance.

I have searched google and the forums, and most of the problems I see related to the cursor being hidden are related to full-screen usage of VLC, and most people suggest using the "Hide cursor and fullscreen controller after x milliseconds " option to fix it, and to no avail, this has not solved anything for me.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1766, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0.

VLC Version is 3.0.16 Vetinari

This is my first post on the forums after being a longtime user so, Hello. Thanks for reading and for any assistance given. :D

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Mouse Cursor being hidden NOT in Fullscreen mode.

Postby Hitchhiker » 08 Jul 2022 11:50

Please update to the latest version which is 3.0.17.4 which may solve the problem. Download from here: https://www.videolan.org/

Glorakoth
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Mouse Cursor being hidden NOT in Fullscreen mode.

Postby Glorakoth » 09 Jul 2022 03:44

Please update to the latest version which is 3.0.17.4 which may solve the problem. Download from here: https://www.videolan.org/
Thank you for your response, that solved the issue. Shame that the client didn't find an update when I checked for one through it.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”