Cover art not showing

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
williamwgant
New Cone
New Cone

Cover art not showing

Postby williamwgant » 07 Jun 2022 20:20

Greetings,
I've got a substantial MP3 library and I've noticed that I can't get cover art to show up without opening each and every album. My albums are listed under the artist as well, so it's even more tedious (since I can't images at the artist level at all). Is there a way to get this stuff imported in bulk? The files were previously managed in windows media player and I have used a tagging program to embed album art. The art shows in media player, but won't in VLC. I've made sure the VLC can download meta data from the settings and it does work when I open an album up.

Currently running windows 10 latest, if that helps any.

williamwgant
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Cover art not showing

Postby williamwgant » 07 Jun 2022 21:58

Ok, this is even stranger. I deleted the various hidden album art and folder.jpg files that windows media player puts in. If I open a folder full of mp3s in vlc, the cover art shows. It even shows as the art of that folder when I navigate back tot he parent. But if I close VLC and reopen it, the artwork is gone until I once again navigate into the folder. Currently running VLC Media Player 3.0.17.4 Vetinari, and no updates are shown pending. Is there a known bug list somewhere I should be looking at?

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Postby Hitchhiker » 08 Jun 2022 09:17

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 08 Jun 2022 13:58

Hitch, it's not about saving but showing ;-)

William, please open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the playback, and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Also upload a sample of an original problematic file to Zippyshare.com or to WeTransfer.com and then post the link to the file here.
https://www.zippyshare.com
https://wetransfer.com

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”