Playing video with extremely high resolution shows blank screen

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
hellbender
New Cone
New Cone

Playing video with extremely high resolution shows blank screen

Postby hellbender » 16 Mar 2021 00:12

Hello all,
I am trying to create a stupidly large video (15360x2160 pixels), which I accomplished in Premiere Pro. I used a codec pack to encode it into H.265 and H.264 but both files won't show any video when I try to play it with VLC. When I look at the codec information it shows me normal information.

ImageImage

The progress bar at the bottom of the screen correctly shows the time of the video (which is 2min with just a static image in them).

The reason for this enormous resolution is that I want a UHD screen on its side to be able to scroll up and down the video. It will be done via an application I want to make with the .net package for VLC and then use the Pan and Zoom feature to show just that portion of the video I need to the user, but be able to slide to another portion when needed.

Does anybody know why the screen just stays at the Cone icon and not start showing a scaled or cropped version of the video?

With regards,
Michel

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”