HTTPS Output Stream Certificate Management

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dyaeger543
New Cone
New Cone

HTTPS Output Stream Certificate Management

Postby dyaeger543 » 10 Feb 2021 15:09

I am currently running a project that broadcasts a video stream over a WAN to multiple systems. I have a requirement to do this using HTTPS/TLS connection, and currently it does work by exporting our SSL certificate and private key and placing them in the file system. The command line API takes those file locations as input variables when we start the stream. Obviously, this is not ideal from a security perspective. Additionally, the goal is to deploy this to many systems, so we are trying to automate the process as much as possible, so manually extracting crt and key files is cumbersome.

Is there a way for VLC to utilize the Windows Certificate store to access the certificate/key for an outgoing stream?

To clarify, I'm not talking about using the trust store to validate an incoming certificate, that works just fine, this is for the outgoing stream.

Thanks!

-Dan Y

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: HTTPS Output Stream Certificate Management

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 10 Feb 2021 17:09

Not implemented at this time.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/