Twitch recordings randomly stop with no indication and no cause.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
haiku14037
New Cone
New Cone

Twitch recordings randomly stop with no indication and no cause.

Postby haiku14037 » 30 Jun 2020 20:48

Recently been recording a DJ of twitch normally it works fine, I put in the URL and click play then record and can leave my laptop running, no sleep etc. Recently a couple times it stops recording for no apparent reason mid-way through say an hour in, with the record button still showing that its recording. So I have no way of knowing if its broken or not until the stream ends and Ill only get an hour out of four or whatever it happens to be. Not really sure what to do as it stops at random times, I can't see when to figure out what is going on either so not really any pattern. Am a bit stuck any help would be greatly appreciated.

chubinou
Developer
Developer

Re: Twitch recordings randomly stop with no indication and no cause.

Postby chubinou » 01 Jul 2020 08:41

Hi,

can you provide some logs?
To help you, we need messages, to completely understand what your problems is.
To fix this, please be sure before you start the playback to:
  1. Open: Tools -> Messages.
  2. Set Verbosity to 2
  3. Start playback to reproduce your issue
  4. Save text in a file or copy into clipboard
  5. Then paste the full resulting log here between [​code]and[​/code] (or use Pastebin.com if it's too long)
Also don't forget to name your Operating System and provide the VLC media player version.

haiku14037
New Cone
New Cone

Postby haiku14037 » 01 Jul 2020 23:06

Hi,

Ill try it a bunch to see if I can replicate the error, no luck so far! (which is a good thing)

haiku14037
New Cone
New Cone

Postby haiku14037 » 04 Jul 2020 23:20

https://filebin.ca/5SIwFKRXW47Y

The file is pretty long. In this case, it recorded around 1 hour 12 minutes out of around 2 hours, the same description as above. Tried it again just now and only 3 minutes of an hour was recorded and again nothing to show that it wasn't recording.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”