vlcplugin2 background changed from black to white

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Notallbad
New Cone
New Cone

vlcplugin2 background changed from black to white

Postby Notallbad » 23 Jun 2020 20:52

While this is probably not a significant issue, recently using the activex plugin in a MSAccess form, the display of the VLC screen has suddenly switched to a blaring white background from the original black background with the cone showing. I really wish to get the display back to the Black background with the cone.

chubinou
Developer
Developer

Re: vlcplugin2 background changed from black to white

Postby chubinou » 24 Jun 2020 09:49

there is not much information here.

have you updated your vlc version ?
if so between what version?

If I understand correctly, the background can be set using backcolor and bgcolor properties. the cone should be only visible in design mode (DISPID_AMBIENT_USERMODE)

Notallbad
New Cone
New Cone

Re: vlcplugin2 background changed from black to white

Postby Notallbad » 24 Jun 2020 13:55

VLC ActiveX Plugin and IE Web Plugin v2 VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2 using Microsoft Access 2013. I am running the latest version on the desktop, however, within the Access form, it defaults to whatever the plugin allows it. The situation is that it was the activex placeholder for VLC had a black background with the orange cone displayed. When the form was activated, the black background and orange cone was displayed when no video was playing. However, it somehow changed, and now both in design and running the form, with no video playing, the placeholder is Bright White with the Orange cone. When a video begins playing, it reverts to the black background and plays fine, but if you stop the video, the placeholder once again, reverts back to the White Background and Orange cone.

I have no idea what it might be that caused this to occur. Vlc is still totally working in all aspects, beyond the irritating White background and orange cone when it is idle.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”