VLC Stopped Working After Recent Update

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
VideoMizz
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Stopped Working After Recent Update

Postby VideoMizz » 03 Feb 2020 22:26

After I downloaded and installed the most recent update a couple weeks ago, VLC is no longer able to download YouTube videos. It rejects all URLs and doesn't play them, therefore it also doesn't generate a location, so I'm just not able to obtain ANY videos at all. I don't know about any other sites because YouTube is the only one I've tried and the only one I need.

Also, I tried to record my desktop (a running video) yesterday and tested several different profiles at different frame rates, including 15f/s, 25f/s, 30f/s, and 60f/s, but all of them came in very choppy, freezing up, running way too fast, and generally messed up. The video I was playing and trying to capture was created at 25f/s but that didn't work either. Can anyone help me to capture the desktop smoothly?

I am running Windows 10.

Thanks so much for your help.

Incidentally, I was going to try re-downloading the recent update, but my anti-virus says the VideoLan site is not secure and will not let me enter into it. Does anyone know what is up with that? I never got it before today.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC Stopped Working After Recent Update

Postby Lotesdelere » 04 Feb 2020 10:43

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=499882#p499882

rogerph
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rogerph » 22 Feb 2020 01:12

I am having the same problem with downloading YouTube videos. Is this a VLC programming problem or is this a block from YouTube?
rogerh

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 22 Feb 2020 09:22

See the link above your question...
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded