Pitch correction Audio Pitch Changer

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
etienne53
New Cone
New Cone

Pitch correction Audio Pitch Changer

Postby etienne53 » 11 Jan 2020 00:14

I'm using VLC 3.0.8 in Windows 10. When I speed up the audio, I get chipmunk voices. This didn't happen with older versions of VLC. The pitch changer is set to 0.0 via Preferences/Show All/Audio/Filters/Audio pitch changer. I have tried both settings for Preferences/Audio/Enable Time-Stretching Audio. No effect. If there is no way to fix this, please advise and I'll try to find an older version of VLC. If there is a way to fix this, please advise me as to how. Either way, thank you for your time, assistance and expertise.

etienne53
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Pitch correction Audio Pitch Changer

Postby etienne53 » 11 Jan 2020 00:57

Never mind. Found it. I opened the graphic equalizer, clicked on "advanced" and clicked "Enable" for "Adjust pitch".

While this worked, may I suggest it's not exactly intuitive, especially when using searching for "pitch" in "Tools/Preferences/Show Settings/All" didn't bring this option up.

Perhaps you could include this as the default setting and/or add this option in the above command sequence.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”