Albumart

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
eihpos
New Cone
New Cone

Albumart

Postby eihpos » 21 Feb 2019 15:43

I apologise if I'm dragging up an old topic but I have searched and found no answers.

I simply want VLC to read tagged Album art correctly. That is all.

I have completely uninstalled VLC and started afresh. during install I unchecked the metadata option in the hope that would help VLC read the mp3 tag and not try to be clever with a search. However, VLC still gets it wrong.

I open MP3tag and change the picture. Windows media player instantly recognises and displays the new art. I transfer files to my phone/car and they recognise the new art. VLC still shows the old art.

Please, someone tell me what I need to do to stop VLC from acting like some sort of dictator with my files! I don't want it to try and be clever and find art for me, or to remember old art, I just want it to read the file and show the art the same way that every other music player seems able to do.

VLC is the best software, I don't want to have to look for something else but this is seriously letting it down!

eihpos
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Albumart

Postby eihpos » 21 Feb 2019 16:38

I think I'm going to quit with this artwork nonsense, it seems WMP is just as bad. Why is something that should be so simple... not?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 21 Feb 2019 22:44

Delete the whole %APPDATA%\vlc\art folder.

eihpos
New Cone
New Cone

Postby eihpos » 03 Mar 2019 21:45

Sorry if this is bumping that's not my intention. Thanks for the advice above. After all my fiddling and deleting it all seems to be working fine at last and VLC seems to be showing all the data correctly.

I believe I had a lot to learn about all the different layers of and types of data stored in MP3 files. Seriously, why so many levels of data? Getting MP3tag to delete ALL the data seemed to help, a lot.

So, VLC is as good as I always thought it was, Thanks :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”