play raw 360 or VR180 videos without distorsion corection

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
FL53
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

play raw 360 or VR180 videos without distorsion corection

Postby FL53 » 16 Nov 2018 12:32

Hi,

I try to play VR180 (from Lenovo Mirage Camera) or 360 equirectangular video BUT without taking into account the fact that it is a specific video. I would like raw data without distortion correction (the same as when I play them into WMP, 360 mode disabled). Is there any option in command line to do that ? I did not find when reading the help page on command lines.

EDIT : I saw this post : https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... ar#p476117 which seems to tell that it is not possible to do. If so I will have to preprocess the video to delete or modify the 360 or VR180 metadata before reading :( (do you know a way to do it easily with C or C++ code ? ) ... you should be able to provide the raw video (you should have it available since it has been uncompressed), is it forecasted ?

Best regards

FL53
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: play raw 360 or VR180 videos without distorsion corection

Postby FL53 » 20 Nov 2018 15:27

I managed to delete the metadata using ffmpeg so I can use libVLC to do my own projection but it could be easier to be able to ask VLC not to interpret the "side data" for projection & stereo while opening the media (and keeping the media in its initial format).

Moreover I still need the viewpoint update for audio and I do not know if it is possible with a non-360 video (I may post another thread next ?).

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”