Stuttering, "Missing Frames" in 3.0.4 - Win10

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
inquirergeneral
New Cone
New Cone

Stuttering, "Missing Frames" in 3.0.4 - Win10

Postby inquirergeneral » 09 Oct 2018 03:42

Hi,

I am having an issue I have seen posted on a lot of topics with other media players as well, but I have yet to find any solutions. Most topics seem to die off and never get a solution.

I am running a h264 codec file for a show my lady was wanting to watch, but it wouldn't work. I do not know much about video encoding but I am good with computers. I have figured out how to run the log for VLC and I am posting it here. I ran the file for several minutes before saving the file.

EDIT:

I tried to paste it in here using Messages and the Code thing but it won't work. Pastebin instead.

https://pastebin.com/raw/uaHgRivT

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Stuttering, "Missing Frames" in 3.0.4 - Win10

Postby Hitchhiker » 09 Oct 2018 17:32

Open VLC and go to Tools ---> Preferences ---> click the Input/Codecs button and in Codecs section at the top change "Hardware-accelerated decoding" to "Disabled". Save and exit and then try playing the video again.

I wasn't able to determine what the path was from your log file, but found a review of the title Younger Season 4, Episode 2 Review which plays without any stuttering in VLC via the "Media" ---> "Open Network Stream" menu. Is that what you were watching?

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Re: Stuttering, "Missing Frames" in 3.0.4 - Win10

Postby robUx4 » 11 Oct 2018 16:33

"mkv debug: found nothing, go up"

Thats' usually a sign the file is broken or may not be fully downloaded (from torrents).

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”