supported tv cards ?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Pille

supported tv cards ?

Postby Pille » 22 Nov 2005 13:49

hello,

what tv cards are supported by videolan on windows?

i made several tests on windows xp with:
- an older hauppauge wintv analog tv tuner pci card: works
- hauppauge wintv pvr 350 pci: works
- technisat skystar 2 pci (dvb-s): do not work at all, because there is no entry in the directshow videocapture selectbox.
- hauppauge wintv hvr 1300 pci card (a variant of nova t with a cx2388 chip). it is an hybrid dvb-t and analog cable tv-tuner card. it works with analog cable but there is no sound, just video. does anyone no a fix for this sound problem.

the videolan feature list says dvb is not supported on windows systems. does that mean dvb is not supported at all ?

and it says, Video acquisition is supported via directshow. does that mean a dvb videocard with directshow is supported ? if yes, where can i get directshow drivers f.e. for the skystar 2 or the nova-t

regards pille

fateric
New Cone
New Cone

re: list of supported TV tuner cards

Postby fateric » 03 Jan 2006 15:52

hi,

I had tested some tv tuner cards. I had the same results by testing the: pvr 350 pci, hvr 1300 pci card.

The Hauppauge pvr 150 (low profile): works without sound. But daswerve and mnaber had solved the sound problem: install old driver (Topic: "WinTV PVR 150 Streaming: Now no audio" in this Forum).

Today I had tested the Pinnacle PCTV 110i (pci, analog) and the Pinnacle PCTV 310e (USB, analog & DVB-T) and they work (with Sound :lol: ). DVB-T doesn't workt but this is no supprise. Maybe in Future Windows users will have this feature.

With Linux the "Terratec Cinergy 1400" works great with DVB-T..

pille

Re: re: list of supported TV tuner cards

Postby pille » 22 Jan 2006 16:21

hi,

The Hauppauge pvr 150 (low profile): works without sound. But daswerve and mnaber had solved the sound problem: install old driver (Topic: "WinTV PVR 150 Streaming: Now no audio" in this Forum).
i am quite sure this topic is about the "normal" pvr 150, not the pvr 150 low-profile mce (two different cards).

we tested some cards and here are the results. i guess, the most problems are by direct show <-> card drivers hazzle. direct show is quite complex and buggy.

- hauppauge wintv pvr 350/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 works.
- hauppauge wintv pvr2 USB/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 works.
- hauppauge wintv hvr 1300/ video works but no sound.
- hauppauge wintv pvr 150 mce low-profile pci card/ video works but no
sound/ transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work (we tried
this card with several driver versions).

- pinnacle PCTV 110i low Profile/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work, h264 is working
fine!, but takes a lot of systempower.
- pinnacle PCTV 310e USB extern/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work, h264 is working
fine!, but takes a lot of systempower.

- AVerMedia FM Radio Hybrid (low Profile)/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work.

can anyone confirm the results? or even better, not confirm it ;-)

Reaperz

supported TV-cards?

Postby Reaperz » 19 Feb 2006 19:59

Hello

I have Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/produc ... r1100.html

Using VLC media player 0.8.4a I can get only picture from analog TV, but no audio (instead I get some hissing-clicking sounds and 'audio drift is too big' messages.

Is there any way to get the audio working - like with PVR-150 using some other drivers?

I wanted to stream olympics from TV to the internet and the picture is fine. If now I only got sound too...

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”