v3.0.3 opens too big

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

v3.0.3 opens too big

Postby Hitchhiker » 29 Jun 2018 11:56

On opening via the Windows 8.1 Start menu, the player opens too big whereby the controls are located below the level of the screen. This makes it impossible to resize the player by grabbing the bottom right hand corner with the mouse.

I've looked at previous topics on the subject, but the suggestions to use "Look and Feel" etc., in the UI don't exist in the latest version.

There's a workaround as described on this site, but it's irritating to have to keep doing it every time the player is opened.

For the time being I've temporarily reverted to v2.2.8 which doesn't have this problem, but would like to see the issue addressed a.s.a.p. please.

Gilbert83
New Cone
New Cone

Re: v3.0.3 opens too big

Postby Gilbert83 » 30 Jun 2018 20:01

You can't.

In fact "Start-Process -FilePath "c:/VLCpath/vlc.exe" -Wait -WindowStyle Minimized" is the MSDN how to do, and it not work.

Probably Microsoft too fresh thin, You have to wait for VLC update.

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: v3.0.3 opens too big

Postby Hitchhiker » 01 Oct 2018 18:32

Thanks for the update to v3.0.4 which fixed the resize problem I mentioned in my OP.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”