Strange issue with VLC 3.0.0 (64 bit) and windows 10 going into standby while playing video

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Razor512
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Strange issue with VLC 3.0.0 (64 bit) and windows 10 going into standby while playing video

Postby Razor512 » 30 Apr 2018 06:06

With the VLC player 3.0.0 running on a laptop running windows 10 pro version 1709, I occasionally experience issues where if the system is manually put into standby with VLC still opened (pausing the video first), sometimes when the system comes out of standby, and a video is resumed, it will sometimes lose its ability too prevent the system from going back into standby while a video is playing, until the application is restarted.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue?

The older versions of VLC (older than 3.0.0, did not have this issue, though I would like to avoid downgrading since version 3 works far better, especially with the split screen functionality and retaining its size if a new video opened, whereas the old ones always jumped to a larger size to achieve a 1:1 scale for the video.

Trizep
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Strange issue with VLC 3.0.0 (64 bit) and windows 10 going into standby while playing video

Postby Trizep » 27 May 2018 19:33

I have the same issue (the Display goes into Standby while Video is runnung), but only when I look with 2 Displays (Extended Display - Video on second Display).
When I look at 1 or when I duplicate the Display I have not the problem.

(VCL 3.0.2 Win10Pro64)

Razor512
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Strange issue with VLC 3.0.0 (64 bit) and windows 10 going into standby while playing video

Postby Razor512 » 25 Sep 2018 04:28

So far even with the latest version, this issue still regularly happens to me. (Basically it is like the disable screen saver option in the video settings of VLC does not work).

Version 3.0.4

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”