Capturing screenshots - how to implement --nooverlay?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Ad Infinitum

Capturing screenshots - how to implement --nooverlay?

Postby Ad Infinitum » 01 Dec 2005 16:58

I've searched, couldn't find any more specific help on this. I want to take screenshots with VLC. The FaQ states: "Under Windows, add the --nooverlay option to the command line and use Prt Sc button to put a screenshot on your pasteboard. You can then paste this picture in a picture editor or a Word document or something."

Now, to get VLC to run, this is what I have to put in the command field: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
Where do I add the " --nooverlay" part? Because I've tried a shitload of possibilities and it just doesn't work. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance,

~ Ad Infinitum

AI

Postby AI » 01 Dec 2005 17:31

Never mind found out how to do it.

Flame

Postby Flame » 06 Dec 2005 01:44

How did you get it? I can't even find the Windows Tab... lol

Postby Guest » 24 Dec 2005 10:57

Please if anyone can answer this I need to know aswell!!

Saturshi

Screenshot

Postby Saturshi » 24 Dec 2005 12:14

Anyone know how to? I'm watching an anime, and I try "Snapshot" on the Video tab. It does, and I set the directory to "Desktop". But I don't see the image file.

Postby Guest » 25 Dec 2005 06:43

The future of my website is in the hands of who-ever can tell me how to snapshot, sadly.

erbsen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby erbsen » 25 Dec 2005 08:33

Did you try it this way ?

viewtopic.php?p=45632#45632

erbsen
Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? Dyncorp, Halliburton - **Stay polite ** Slaves? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”