Continue playback stopped working after upgrade to 3.0.0

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ritmo2k
New Cone
New Cone

Continue playback stopped working after upgrade to 3.0.0

Postby ritmo2k » 20 Feb 2018 01:03

This used to work for every file I played on Windows 10 x64 10.0.16299.248 (I understand some formats are not supported). For known working files, this no longer works. Anyone know what I might be able to do? I tried clearing my preferences and resetting the feature to always without luck.

whatdoing
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Continue playback stopped working after upgrade to 3.0.0

Postby whatdoing » 22 Feb 2018 21:47

i confirm the issue is present even on W10 x86.

Mr Wolf
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Mr Wolf » 22 Feb 2018 23:02

You mean playback resuming, right?
It still works with me, both Windows 7 and Windows 10 64 bit, at least with mkv videos.

I remember for some reason it didn't work some times ago, and mysteriously started to work when I moved the folder with my settings (I changed many settings, I just can't reset them) in C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\VLC, open VLC (which recreates it), delete the new folder and copy back the folder with my settings.
Perhaps, if you don't mind, you can just delete the folder and let VLC recreate it and see if it works.

ritmo2k
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ritmo2k » 23 Feb 2018 00:15

Hi,
So I don't know what to say, I did not clear my settings but it seems to work with every file I have tried now (several). The only thing that occurred aside from regular playback between it not working and me noticing it started working was I created a bookmark in the hopes of finding a solution on one video file? Sounds silly, however that is as it happened:)

whatdoing
New Cone
New Cone

Postby whatdoing » 25 Feb 2018 00:44

i confirm the issue is present even on W10 x86.
actually i'm wrong. it does work.
i was playing video files from the "Media Library" rather than the "recent files" list. it seems that the feature only works only on files played from the recent items and not from other sources.

ritmo2k
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ritmo2k » 25 Feb 2018 16:20

it seems that the feature only works only on files played from the recent items and not from other sources.
In my case, I was always double clicking files from the Windows explorer and it stopped working after the update from 2.x to 3.0.0 then suddenly started working. The procedure for selecting files never changed and I tested before and after it worked on some of the same media files which I keep permanently, so I can rule out file type or location as a factor. Regardless, it works now:)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”